Internet of Things (IoT) Technology Manager
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Internet of Things (IoT) Technology Manager - ( 22000175 )
The Innovation Office, Digital Technology & Innovation, Geospatial Technology Program Group has an opportunity for an individual Internet of Things Technology Manager to perform duties related to the application of Internet of Things (IoT) principles and methods, research & development, new product research & testing, incubation, standards development, and business planning of IoT ideas.
In the Innovation Office Digital Technology & Innovation group, our digital experts conduct research and development to keep our teams—and projects—ahead of the technological curve. They implement established technologies and find emerging solutions for all business lines (Buildings, Energy & Resources, Environmental Services, Infrastructure, and Water), bridging existing knowledge domains and facilitate the integration of powerful tools and methods. Our goal is to make projects more efficient and help provide higher-quality results to your clients.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly interested in the application of IoT technologies and a critical thinker. The candidate will become a member of the Innovation Office however will be accessible to Stantec’s project teams to support project work as needed.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, direction, and insight in all areas of IoT, inclusive of the three key steps: capture, connect and compute.
- Be the subject matter expert for all platform around IoT connectivity.
- Stay abreast of new technologies related to IoT and evaluate for potential business use.
- Collaborate with staff to architect & develop innovative IoT solutions for our clients.
- Defining workflow processes and leading implementation teams.
- Leverage Azure resources and services to develop IoT solutions.
- Perform data driven Build/Buy/Partner analysis.
- Participate and/or conduct design reviews that include requirements, development, system/component specifications, analysis, design, verification, and validation.
- Help collect raw data and send it upstream, support integration with machines, split it off to do Edge Analytics, and support integration with other systems.
- Participate in strategic planning for IoT technologies.
- Lead/assist with marketing and business development of Stantec’s IoT services to internal and external clients.
- Publish blogs, white papers and participate in research on IoT usage in the architecture, engineering, power, infrastructure and environmental industries.
- Present periodic Tech-Talk (internal company) webinars throughout the year on the topic of IoT and present to external audiences as needed.
Capabilities and Credentials
- Specific knowledge of IoT connected devices, telematics, consumer electronics, wireless devices and website and mobile app design/user experience is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of the AEC Industry.
- Business skills including P&L, Business case strategy, and SWOT analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills.
- Understanding of data management and governance.
- Highly detailed when required.
- Applying critical thinking skills to develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to direct and execute highly complex or specialized projects and apply related Project Management Principles.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and clients, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Ability to anticipate and identify client needs and synthesize them into concepts and solutions.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, and manage time and competing priorities.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, IT, engineering, or another area of technology related field (preferably BSCS/BSCE/BSEE).
- 10 years of industry experience as IoT Technology Manager (or equivalent role).
- Proven experience on the IoT based application.
- Experience with IoT products and development.
- Experience in IoT digital solutions is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with research & development, market research, competitive analysis, and usability testing.
- Experience/knowledge in Microsoft Azure IoT suite of PaaS services.
- Knowledge and understanding of APIs, RESTful services.
- Experience in all phases of software development life cycles, and familiarity with basic user interface design concepts.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada
Job : IT Generalist
Organization : BC-1290 Innovation-DTI-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 24, 2022, 7:33:32 AM
Req ID: 22000175
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans