International Program Support Assistant – Regular Part Time
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Support
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Regular Part - Time
Hours: Up to 24 hours/week
Pay Band: 06B
Rate of Pay: $17.43
Posting Date: September 7th, 2021
Closing Date: September 13th, 2021 at 7:00pm EST
The incumbent will support loading the academic planning cycle of programs and courses for a select portfolio of international programs. The incumbent acts as a liaison between scheduling, faculty and Associate Deans for scheduling and program of study database entries. The role is responsible for updating and verifying academic blocks, class sizes, and inputting workload requirements into Mohawk’s SUMMIT workload planning system. The incumbent works closely with International Partnership & Recruitment teams to assist in managing the peak-time recruitment related emails and also regularly updating the international website with relevant content.
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Inputting all workload requirements into Summit workload planning system and upgrading this information on an ongoing basis.
- Organizes workload information and reaches out to faculty to coordinate. Ensuring all course information is compatible with the correct version of the POS.
- Assist with determination of the classes and the class sizes each semester. Determining room requirements for lectures and labs and requesting appropriate rooms.
- Updating and ensuring accuracy of the exceptions calendar.
- Collecting data from POS, SEM, Excel spreadsheets, service requests and Applicant Funnel Reports.
- Loading grades into FAST SUITE.
- Supporting the management of recruitment related emails during the peak times in the year.
- Working with different stakeholders to make required updates to international website.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant must have:
- A two-year diploma or certificate in a related discipline, such as office administration, planning, etc.
- A minimum of one year or relevant experience.
- Experience with Access databases is preferred.
- Experience in post-secondary education is highly valued.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the HR Department at (905) 575-2047.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.