International Admissions – Triage Officer Partnerships (PNRK: June 2022 – March 2023)
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Support
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Project of a Non-Recurring Kind: June 2022 - March 2023
Hours: Monday – Friday, 35 hours/week
Home Campus: Fennell
Pay Band: F
Rate of Pay: $26.57
Posting Date: May 19th, 2022
Closing Date: May 26th, 2022 at 7:00 pm EST
Reporting to the Manager, International Admissions, this position provides extensive customer service support for a diverse clientele specifically supporting international applicants with interest in completing post-secondary education in a program delivered by our public-private partner. It is the responsibility of the incumbent to maintain solid customer relationships by handling questions and inquiries promptly, courteously, and professionally.
As a primary point of contact for International Admissions, the incumbent must be able to respond to, investigate and resolve a diverse number of inquiries from applicants, staff, faculty and other departments on a variety of topics related to college processes, post-secondary and admission requirements for our programs offered with our public-private partner.
The duties associated with this position may involve data entry tasks and exposure to confidential student records and information.
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
Lead on Managing and Triaging Inquiries
- As a first point of contact, the incumbent responds to a wide range of inquiries, received via in person, telephone and email, regarding college procedures and general information, immigration, registration, admissions, financial assistance and other services directly related to the international student experience.
- Serve as information expert for any inquiries relating to post-secondary; explaining the requirements and procedures for applying to Mohawk College
- Thorough knowledge of the policies and procedures of the admissions and registration process for International Students, including requirements, fees, visa applications, deferrals, and refunds
- Makes appropriate referrals to members of the International Admissions teams and/or other supporting teams depending on the inquiry and circumstance
- Responds to and provides basic triage for general inquiries from the public, students, faculty and staff visiting the Square from all areas, directing to kiosks for service as appropriate.
Reception and Clerical Duties
- Supports daily campus tasks including visiting various departments to pick up and/or delivery shared materials and student details
- Completes documentation in compliance with record keeping requirements of the College and external organizations as appropriate. E.g. The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and other government bodies.
- Reviewing, coordinating and updating information on the International Admissions website, Q’nomy screens and social media tools and channels, keeping a schedule for review prior to each intake
- Working with the Coordinator, supports with other clerical activity as required include applicant file updating, document management etc.
- Providing general office support for the International Admissions Representatives Partnerships and Admissions Officers Partnerships.
Application Process Support for Public-Private Partnership Programs
- Process applicants into programs, maintaining requirement documentation
- Creating applicant records in Banner (SVAOCAS) and updating the International Database, managing applicant documents
- Checking Banner and Cognos reports to ensure that the applicant has been identified correctly as an international student and, in the event of inaccurate data, entering the correct information.
- Managing and maintaining files for applicants to ensure all necessary documentation is received, logged and filed appropriately.
Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant must have:
- A minimum 2-year diploma in Office or Business administration, Business General, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years related work experience, in a service-oriented environment within an educational setting, with emphasis on verbal and written communication to international applicants, students and staff. Applied knowledge/experience of Post-Secondary and ESL programs, as well as College services is required.
- Experience with current computer software (e.g., MS office) and data management systems (Banner), including generating reports, performing data queries, maintaining databases (e.g., spreadsheets) and training with and utilizing new systems as required.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Mohawk College thanks all applicants for their interest in employment; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mohawk College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the HR Department at 905-575-2047.