Internal Communications Director
City : Vancouver
Category : People
Industry : Technology
Employer : Hootsuite
We’re looking for an Internal Communications Director to help lead, shape, manage and drive our internal communication initiatives for shareholders and the Executive Leadership Team at Hootsuite. You will own and drive the planning and rollout of strategic events and communication initiatives across different geographies impacting a wide range of stakeholders. You will champion our DE&I and CSR initiatives and foster the culture of connectedness and dialogue in a global organization. While working in a hybrid work arrangement, a blend of virtual (in accordance with Hootsuite’s distributed workforce strategy), and in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office, you will report to the Chief People & Diversity Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Foster the culture of engagement, connection and relationships through establishing strategic internal communications frameworks and overseeing the implementation of tools to spark new ideas and collaboration.
- Responsible for executive and board communication with respect to organizational performance, articulating key trends, messages and insights in a concise and effective manner on an ongoing/regular basis.
- Develop internal communications strategies, sensing mechanisms and define how we communicate as a business through trust and transparency.
- Encourage open communication, foster dialogue and establish a culture of listening and sensing mechanisms through the use of latest and most effective communication tools.
- Act as a consultant to business leaders in developing and operationalizing effective communication plans that resonate with relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee planning and implementation for our most important all-employee communications, such as the annual KickOff, Town Halls and other similar global events.
- Establish and implement sound governance processes, policies, procedures and standards for an effective Hootsuite Crisis Communication program.
- Reimagine communication touchpoints through the lens of diversity, equity and inclusion and corporate social responsibility to all communications initiatives.
- Strategically partner with the Corp Comms team to ensure our corporate narrative is integrated across our internal and external communications.
- Lead and oversee employee events and connectedness strategy, targeting global engagement in virtual and in person events; management of internal intranet
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Demonstrated experience in both leading and driving internal communications initiatives in a globally distributed environment.
- Ability to collaborate and influence leaders at all levels, helping design and deliver strategic people communication initiatives to deliver specific business results
- A passion for writing and being able to craft messages using the voice of your executive stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills; skilled at figuring out and managing requests and timelines necessary to get work done.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Courage: steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects, even when faced with ambiguity
- Tech Savvy: experience working with Google Suite products and internal communications tools
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbors & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.