City : Saint John
Category : Finance
Industry : Administrative and support services
Employer : J.D. Irving
We currently have one opening for an accountable professional with a positive attitude to join our Internal Audit team. Reporting to the Manager, Internal Audit of a large multinational conglomerate, this talented individual will help provide consultation on the effectiveness and enhancement of operational and financial corporate controls. As a member of J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI)’s Corporate Internal Audit Team, you will act as a key partner on behalf the organization and all of it affiliated companies.
This position is located at our Saint John, New Brunswick office.
What We Offer
- Flexible Benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity (2 days/week remote)
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- Wellness support, including an annual wellness allowance.
- Onsite fitness facility, café, and parking garage.
- In collaboration with the team, execute the annual Internal Audit Plan through the performance of assurance, forensic, and consultative engagements aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of corporate processes.
- Consult with and influence business leaders in the implementation of risk mitigating controls and processes.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong relationships with team members and senior and executive management to encourage open dialogue and a collaborative approach to problem solving, continuous improvement, and corporate risk mitigation.
Experience & Qualifications
- Knowledge of audit principles and practices, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in an audit/risk role.
- Post-Secondary Degree.
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and/or equivalent professional risk management or audit designation(s) preferred.
- Understanding of the application of audit and enterprise risk management standards and control frameworks preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with report writing and delivering presentations to leaders and team members.
- Strategic thinker, with a curious and agile mindset.
- A high degree of personal integrity, ethics, and professionalism.
We appreciate your interest in our company however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.