Intern, Strategy and Execution (Summer 2024)
City : Montréal
Category : Full time
Industry : Real Estate
Employer : Ivanhoé Cambridge
AIM HIGHER. GO FURTHER. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Ivanhoé Cambridge is:
- A real estate subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), a global investment group
- C$77 billion in assets in the office, retail, industrial, logistics and residential markets
- Strategic investments in a worldwide portfolio over 1,500 properties strong
- A diversified, multitalented team committed to creating spaces that bring people together to live, work and play
- Office environments designed to foster collaboration and creativity, rooted in a flexible, technology-enabled experience
Digitally connected, sustainable and state-of-the-art: A workspace that meets your expectations
- New work spaces that make teamwork easier than ever and spark creativity at every turn
- The flexibility and technological tools you need to take your performance to new heights
- A barista, snacks and special theme meals, employee lounges and outdoor patios, complete with therapeutic lights to keep you at the top of your game
- A stimulating, supportive and inclusive environment where your health, safety and well-being are our top priorities
4-month internship (full time) - May to August 2024
What this challenge is about
Reporting to the Manager, HUB Strategy and Operations, you will actively participate in the development of Ivanhoe Cambridge's strategic plan and the various initiatives supporting its implementation.
The mandate may include, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
Contribute significantly to key strategic planning inputs by conducting various qualitative and quantitative analyses to identify challenges and opportunities;
Bring different perspectives, new angles of analysis and challenge current team practices;
Participate in the preparation of presentations to senior management;
Contribute to the preparation of strategic thinking sessions;
Participate in the coordination of interactions with the various stakeholders in the strategic planning process;
Participate in the follow-up of the current strategic plan.
What we’re looking for
Undergraduate or graduate student in finance, economics, business, data science, engineering or any other relevant field, who is interested in strategy ;
Experience in strategy consulting or investment is an asset;
Excellent oral and written skills in French and English; Frequent oral and/or written interactions with employees of I.C based in one of its international offices.
Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
Excellent synthesis skills;
Excellent knowledge of computer tools (Powerpoint and Excel);
Thoroughness and problem solving skills;
Strategic thinking and intellectual curiosity;
High level of dynamism, proactivity, autonomy and strong aptitude for teamwork.
Diversity, equity and inclusion: Our main priorities
At Ivanhoé Cambridge, we are proud to champion the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion — which can be seen and felt in everything we do and everything we strive for. As a leading player in the global real estate ecosystem, we are committed to harnessing opportunities to create inclusive, community-centric spaces and forge a just, forward-looking future where our industry and our talent are supported and nurtured.
We firmly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are the forces propelling innovation. In order to ensure we can have a positive impact on the communities where we live and work and where our investments are based, we are dedicated to creating a stimulating environment where everyone can aspire to and achieve excellence. Ask us about any accommodations you might require to ensure the recruiting process is a fair and equitable process for all. Note that any such accommodations will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.