Intern, Social Impact and Inclusion, Sustainable Investment (Fall 2023)
City : Montréal
Category : Full time
Industry : Real Estate
Employer : Ivanhoé Cambridge
AIM HIGHER. GO FURTHER. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Ivanhoé Cambridge is:
- A real estate subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), a global investment group
- C$77 billion in assets in the office, retail, industrial, logistics and residential markets
- Strategic investments in a worldwide portfolio over 1,500 properties strong
- A diversified, multitalented team committed to creating spaces that bring people together to live, work and play
- Office environments designed to foster collaboration and creativity, rooted in a flexible, technology-enabled experience
Digitally connected, sustainable and state-of-the-art: A workspace that meets your expectations
- New work spaces that make teamwork easier than ever and spark creativity at every turn
- The flexibility and technological tools you need to take your performance to new heights
- A barista, snacks and special theme meals, employee lounges and outdoor patios, complete with therapeutic lights to keep you at the top of your game
- A stimulating, supportive and inclusive environment where your health, safety and well-being are our top priorities
4-month internship to start in September 2023
What this challenge is about
Reporting to the Head of Social Impact and Inclusion, Sustainable Investments, you will contribute to the execution of the sustainable investment strategy at Ivanhoé Cambridge. In so doing, you will help position the Company as a leader in sustainable investment within the real estate industry.
During your internship, you will work closely and actively engage with multiple stakeholders, partners and business units across the Company.
Specific duties include the following:
Help in implementing the sustainable investment strategy, with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), and in identifying areas of opportunity in the process;
Conduct research and analysis and make recommendations related to social impact, inclusion and sustainable investment in connection with Ivanhoé Cambridge operations;
Keep abreast of trends and best practices and incorporate them into the organization as appropriate to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive culture;
Support and nurture strong and lasting partnerships with CDPQ members, partners and external suppliers in line with the established action plan;
Use KPIs to develop tools to analyze performance and outcomes of selected initiatives;
Use metrics and dashboards to help organize, analyze, interpret, evaluate, produce and maintain data, surveys, benchmarks, reports, documents, presentations, recommendations, findings and other DEI-related information in a concise format with attention to message and the audience;
Provide support for all Sustainable Investments team activities;
Carry out other tasks as required.
What we’re looking for
Enrolment in an undergraduate or graduate program in business administration, human resources management, DEI, project management or another related discipline;
Experience in DEI and project management, an asset;
Ability to work independently, effectively manage priorities, multitask and perform under pressure, even in ambiguous situations;
Fluency in written and spoken French and English; ability to interact effectively with English-speaking partners;
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, as well as other technology and software;
Ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines.
Diversity, equity and inclusion: Our main priorities
At Ivanhoé Cambridge, we are proud to champion the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion — which can be seen and felt in everything we do and everything we strive for. As a leading player in the global real estate ecosystem, we are committed to harnessing opportunities to create inclusive, community-centric spaces and forge a just, forward-looking future where our industry and our talent are supported and nurtured.
We firmly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are the forces propelling innovation. In order to ensure we can have a positive impact on the communities where we live and work and where our investments are based, we are dedicated to creating a stimulating environment where everyone can aspire to and achieve excellence. Ask us about any accommodations you might require to ensure the recruiting process is a fair and equitable process for all. Note that any such accommodations will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.