Intern – Private Capital, Global Funds (Summer 2024, 4 month contract)
City : Toronto, Canada
Category : Investments
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan - OTPP
The deadline to apply for this role is:September 30, 2023
May 2024-August 2024
Are you interested in learning more about the world of Private Equity? Private Capital, the private equity arm of Ontario Teachers’ Pensions Plan, focuses on long-term valuation creation in Canada, US and internationally through direct and co-investment transactions and investments in domestic and international private equity funds! Private Capital is currently seeking a hardworking and enthusiastic intern student to join its Global Funds team.
Who you’ll work with
Ontario Teachers', home to one of the world's largest, most sophisticated pools of private capital, actively seeks opportunities globally for fund partnerships and to invest in companies that are looking to grow. As a key member of the Global Funds team, you will work with team members to contribute to our strategy of evaluating and managing private equity fund investments.
The Global Funds team focuses on committing to top-tier funds that deliver strong performance and access to partnership opportunities. The team targets private equity firms that have differentiated sourcing and value creation strategies that align with Private Capital’s direct / co-underwriting approach!
What you’ll do
- Learn about the private equity industry, Funds business, team and associated tools to enable success in your role
- Monitor fund relationships and be involved with post-investment management
- Assist in valuing existing fund investments
- Work in a small team to evaluate new fund investment opportunities
- Conduct industry and investment research using industry databases
- Prepare investment analysis and due diligence materials
- Prepare internal investment memorandum
What you’ll need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Related work experience
- Strong research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Have a strong interest in Finance
- Familiarity with financial modelling is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Bloomberg and Capital IQ
- Must be enrolled in 3rd / 4th year program
- You must be enrolled in a co-op program or returning back to your studies after the work term is completed
What we’re offering
Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development, including lunch and learns
Student led team building events on a monthly basis
Employee discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track various learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more
At Ontario Teachers', diversity is one of our core strengths. We take pride in ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create, reflect and embrace diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), we celebrate diversity and foster inclusion through events for colleagues to connect for professional development, networking & mentoring. We are building an inclusive and equitable workplace where our talent is respected, accepted and empowered to be themselves. To learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, check out Life at Teachers'.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today! The following documents are required to be uploaded with your application:
Copy of your transcripts
You will also be invited to complete a pre-recorded digital interview as part of your application.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. Note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
Accommodations are available upon request (email@example.com) for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.