Intern – Member Services, Member Experience (Winter 2024 – 8 Months)
City : Toronto, Canada
Category : Member Services
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan - OTPP
The deadline to apply for this role is:September 30, 2023
January 2024 - August 2024
As an Intern on the Operations team within Member Services, you will utilize your strong communication and business skills to collaborate with team members, look for opportunities to improve efficiency across the Division and work with a variety of technologies and data. You will gain broad exposure to working in a multi-departmental environment. This role will require you to liaise with business partners in various departments while working on a small team focused on solving challenging strategic problems and guiding impactful decisions. Working alongside your teammates, you will help drive the team’s role as a center of expertise in the management and coordination of work and resource forecasting.
Who you’ll work with
In this role you will have ample opportunity to develop business, technical and analytical skills , as well as work with a core group of teammates, business partners and stakeholders across Member Services. The Operations team has a strong partnership with our Contact Centre and works closely with them on forecasting demand, performance analysis and resource allocation. In addition, Operations is responsible for Capacity Planning for the entire Division, which will enable you to interact with a broad spectrum of people and roles..
What you’ll do
- Support performance management (run reports, compile results, communicate to internal stakeholders)
- Assist workforce management in the Contact centre (scheduling, administration & communication)
- Facilitate service delivery to plan members (plan administration, communication, internal work distribution)
- Work cross functionally as part of larger project teams to deliver against corporate scorecard initiatives
- Communicate with internal stakeholders
- Create/maintain documents
- Use a variety of tools & technology
What you’ll need
- Organizational & administrative skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to distil insights, assess opportunities
- Effective communication skills
- Strong team player who is also able to work independently and self-manage
- Comfortable with the use of new tools and technology
- Open to working cross functionally and with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Interest in Lean methodology, continuous improvement, growth mindset
#LI-OTPP, #LI-INITIALS, #LI-Hybrid (as applicable)
What we’re offering
Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development, including lunch and learns
Student led team building events on a monthly basis
Employee discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track various learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more
At Ontario Teachers', diversity is one of our core strengths. We take pride in ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create, reflect and embrace diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), we celebrate diversity and foster inclusion through events for colleagues to connect for professional development, networking & mentoring. We are building an inclusive and equitable workplace where our talent is respected, accepted and empowered to be themselves. To learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, check out Life at Teachers'.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today! The following documents are required to be uploaded with your application:
Copy of your transcripts
You will also be invited to complete a pre-recorded digital interview as part of your application.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. Note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
Accommodations are available upon request (email@example.com) for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.