Intern, Investments and Asset Management, Office, Life Sciences, US (Fall 2023)
City : Montréal
Category : Full time
Industry : Real Estate
Employer : Ivanhoé Cambridge
AIM HIGHER. GO FURTHER. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Ivanhoé Cambridge is:
- A real estate subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), a global investment group
- C$77 billion in assets in the office, retail, industrial, logistics and residential markets
- Strategic investments in a worldwide portfolio over 1,500 properties strong
- A diversified, multitalented team committed to creating spaces that bring people together to live, work and play
- Office environments designed to foster collaboration and creativity, rooted in a flexible, technology-enabled experience
Digitally connected, sustainable and state-of-the-art: A workspace that meets your expectations
- New work spaces that make teamwork easier than ever and spark creativity at every turn
- The flexibility and technological tools you need to take your performance to new heights
- A barista, snacks and special theme meals, employee lounges and outdoor patios, complete with therapeutic lights to keep you at the top of your game
- A stimulating, supportive and inclusive environment where your health, safety and well-being are our top priorities
4-month internship to start in September 2023
What this challenge is about
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s Office and Life Sciences, United States portfolio contains $9 billion in assets.
In this internship role, you will assist the asset and investment management teams assigned to the Office, Life Sciences - USA portfolio with their tasks, including investment valuation and property asset management. As part of the internship, you will do the following:
Work closely with the analysts and other members of the asset management team assigned to the Office, Life Sciences - USA portfolio in actively managing Ivanhoé Cambridge’s real estate holdings:
Help track business plans and analyze variances with official budgets;
Help with preparing and analyzing annual operating budgets;
Analyze performance projections used in asset management decisions;
Contribute to analyzing property valuation reports;
Review partners’ quarterly reports, compile the information using Ivanhoé Cambridge’s format;
Aid in preparing presentations for senior management;
Work closely with the members of the investment team assigned to the Office, Life Sciences - USA portfolio to draft investment recommendations and financial analyses:
Review the financial model;
Analyze cash flow and performance forecasts;
Check assumptions, comparing against market data including internal assessment reports and recent transactions;
Carry out sensitivity analyses for key assumptions;
Help perform due diligence;
Monitor target markets (tracking market data such as vacancy rate, rental rate, absorption, projects under development);
Contribute to the development of analytical tools for the monitoring of specific KPI's for the business plans;
Assist analysts with portfolio summary reporting and market monitoring;
Enter data on new transactions and portfolio assets in the financial management system;
Carry out other relevant tasks as needed.
What we’re looking for
Undergraduate (preferably two or third year) or graduate student in finance, accounting, valuation or another relevant discipline;
Fluency in French and English (written and spoken); you will be collaborating on activities with our offices in the United States;
Interest in commercial real estate;
Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
Detail-oriented, quick learner, self-starter;
Energetic team player with strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills; ability to work independently.
Diversity, equity and inclusion: Our main priorities
At Ivanhoé Cambridge, we are proud to champion the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion — which can be seen and felt in everything we do and everything we strive for. As a leading player in the global real estate ecosystem, we are committed to harnessing opportunities to create inclusive, community-centric spaces and forge a just, forward-looking future where our industry and our talent are supported and nurtured.
We firmly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are the forces propelling innovation. In order to ensure we can have a positive impact on the communities where we live and work and where our investments are based, we are dedicated to creating a stimulating environment where everyone can aspire to and achieve excellence. Ask us about any accommodations you might require to ensure the recruiting process is a fair and equitable process for all. Note that any such accommodations will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.