Intern, Enterprise Risks (Summer 2024)
City : Montréal
Category : Full time
Industry : Real Estate
Employer : Ivanhoé Cambridge
AIM HIGHER. GO FURTHER. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Ivanhoé Cambridge is:
- A real estate subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), a global investment group
- C$77 billion in assets in the office, retail, industrial, logistics and residential markets
- Strategic investments in a worldwide portfolio over 1,500 properties strong
- A diversified, multitalented team committed to creating spaces that bring people together to live, work and play
- Office environments designed to foster collaboration and creativity, rooted in a flexible, technology-enabled experience
Digitally connected, sustainable and state-of-the-art: A workspace that meets your expectations
- New work spaces that make teamwork easier than ever and spark creativity at every turn
- The flexibility and technological tools you need to take your performance to new heights
- A barista, snacks and special theme meals, employee lounges and outdoor patios, complete with therapeutic lights to keep you at the top of your game
- A stimulating, supportive and inclusive environment where your health, safety and well-being are our top priorities
4-Month internship starting in May 2024
What this challenge is about
Reporting to the Enterprise and Portfolio Risk team lead, you will be involved in the redesign of the operational due diligence tool for investment partners and the updating of these partners' information.
The mandate may include the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
Establishing a strategy for migrating historical data;
Reviewing the quality of migrated data;
Identifying and analyzing operational project issues;
Reviewing the methodology used for operational due diligence;
Supporting the team in monitoring the real estate market and investment partner activities;
Participating in the identification of best practices and enhancing the tool;
Proactively communicating progress on work, proposing priorities to meet the assigned time budget, and identifying potential issues causing delays;
Summarizing research results and being able to present them.
What we are looking for
Enrolment in a master's program, in progress, in one of the following concentrations: business administration, information technology, management, finance, or any field related to processes or real estate management;
Education in operational risk management or business process optimization would be an asset;
Interest in improving process performance, internal controls, and risk management;
Excellent proficiency in both French and English (spoken and written); oral and/or written interactions with external partners outside of Quebec (service providers, law firms, peers, bankers, brokerage firms, credit analysis firms, credit agencies, etc.);
Very advanced knowledge of the Office suite;
Ability to analyze and synthesize key elements of a topic into practical recommendations;
Excellent communication and writing skills, as well as the ability to listen;
Ability to work in a team, proactivity, initiative, rigor, autonomy, and intellectual curiosity.
Diversity, equity and inclusion: Our main priorities
At Ivanhoé Cambridge, we are proud to champion the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion — which can be seen and felt in everything we do and everything we strive for. As a leading player in the global real estate ecosystem, we are committed to harnessing opportunities to create inclusive, community-centric spaces and forge a just, forward-looking future where our industry and our talent are supported and nurtured.
We firmly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are the forces propelling innovation. In order to ensure we can have a positive impact on the communities where we live and work and where our investments are based, we are dedicated to creating a stimulating environment where everyone can aspire to and achieve excellence. Ask us about any accommodations you might require to ensure the recruiting process is a fair and equitable process for all. Note that any such accommodations will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.