Intern, Economic Development, Quebec (Summer 2024)
City : Montréal
Category : Full time
Industry : Real Estate
Employer : Ivanhoé Cambridge
AIM HIGHER. GO FURTHER. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Ivanhoé Cambridge is:
- A real estate subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), a global investment group
- C$77 billion in assets in the office, retail, industrial, logistics and residential markets
- Strategic investments in a worldwide portfolio over 1,500 properties strong
- A diversified, multitalented team committed to creating spaces that bring people together to live, work and play
- Office environments designed to foster collaboration and creativity, rooted in a flexible, technology-enabled experience
Digitally connected, sustainable and state-of-the-art: A workspace that meets your expectations
- New work spaces that make teamwork easier than ever and spark creativity at every turn
- The flexibility and technological tools you need to take your performance to new heights
- A barista, snacks and special theme meals, employee lounges and outdoor patios, complete with therapeutic lights to keep you at the top of your game
- A stimulating, supportive and inclusive environment where your health, safety and well-being are our top priorities
4-month internship to start in April 2024
What this challenge is about
Ivanhoe Cambridge's Quebec portfolio has $4.5 billion in assets. In this role, you will assist the team in the deployment of its Quebec strategy, specifically, you will help analyze new investment opportunities in Quebec and promote Ivanhoé Cambridge within the province and internationally. During your internship, you will be called upon to:
Work closely with the members of the Quebec Economic Development team to draft recommendations and conduct financial analysis for various investments;
Review financial models;
Analyze cash flow and performance forecasts;
Check assumptions, comparing against market data including internal assessment reports and recent transactions;
Carry out sensitivity analyses for key assumptions;
Perform due diligence;
Assist the team in drafting executive summaries on portfolio performance and market intelligence;
Enter data on new transactions in the financial management system;
Develop processes and dashboards to track progress with regard to team objectives;
Carry out research and prepare reports on various topics related to real estate and economic development;
Monitor business development–related opportunities and events in Quebec;
Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
What we’re looking for
Enrolment in the second or third year of a bachelor’s or, preferably, a master’s degree in business administration, project management, finance, accounting or valuation;
Fluency in written and spoken French and English; you will be required to collaborate with unilingual English-speaking partners and to read, write and exchange in English.
Interest in real estate and economic development;
Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
Detail-oriented self-starter and quick learner;
Energetic team play with strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Diversity, equity and inclusion: Our main priorities
At Ivanhoé Cambridge, we are proud to champion the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion — which can be seen and felt in everything we do and everything we strive for. As a leading player in the global real estate ecosystem, we are committed to harnessing opportunities to create inclusive, community-centric spaces and forge a just, forward-looking future where our industry and our talent are supported and nurtured.
We firmly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are the forces propelling innovation. In order to ensure we can have a positive impact on the communities where we live and work and where our investments are based, we are dedicated to creating a stimulating environment where everyone can aspire to and achieve excellence. Ask us about any accommodations you might require to ensure the recruiting process is a fair and equitable process for all. Note that any such accommodations will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.