Intern, Asset management, Canada Hub (Winter 2024)
City : Montréal
Category : Full time
Industry : Real Estate
Employer : Ivanhoé Cambridge
AIM HIGHER. GO FURTHER. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Ivanhoé Cambridge is:
- A real estate subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), a global investment group
- C$77 billion in assets in the office, retail, industrial, logistics and residential markets
- Strategic investments in a worldwide portfolio over 1,500 properties strong
- A diversified, multitalented team committed to creating spaces that bring people together to live, work and play
- Office environments designed to foster collaboration and creativity, rooted in a flexible, technology-enabled experience
Digitally connected, sustainable and state-of-the-art: A workspace that meets your expectations
- New work spaces that make teamwork easier than ever and spark creativity at every turn
- The flexibility and technological tools you need to take your performance to new heights
- A barista, snacks and special theme meals, employee lounges and outdoor patios, complete with therapeutic lights to keep you at the top of your game
- A stimulating, supportive and inclusive environment where your health, safety and well-being are our top priorities
4-month Internship starting in January 2024
WHAT THIS CHALLENGE IS ABOUT
In the course of your duties, you will provide support to the Canada Asset Management team (office, hospitality, residential, logistics, and funds) in carrying out their mandates in property asset management.
Assisting in monitoring the business plans of assets in the portfolio;
Conducting various tasks involving analysis of results, transactions, and impacts on asset values;
Participating in the preparation of presentations for senior management;
Contributing to asset reviews;
Attending internal quarterly meetings and meetings with our partners (managers, property managers);
Reviewing quarterly reports prepared by our partners, summarizing information for asset managers and management;
Participating in asset evaluations (interacting with our valuation department) and analyzing property valuation reports;
Financial tracking of budgetary allocations, data organization, updating various performance and operational indicators;
Performing any other related tasks requested by your immediate supervisor or necessitated by your role in supporting the entire team.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Undergraduate (preferably third year) in Bachelor's degree program preferred or Master's degree in administration, finance, accounting, valuation, or another relevant field;
Bilingual (English and French) in both oral and written communication; oral and/or written interactions with external partners based outside of Quebec (service providers, law firms, peers, bankers, brokerage firms, credit analysis firms, credit agencies, etc.);
Strong proficiency in MS Office software;
Interest in the real estate industry;
Excellent learning ability, proactive attitude, and attention to detail;
Team spirit, interpersonal skills, dynamism, organization, and autonomy.
Diversity, equity and inclusion: Our main priorities
At Ivanhoé Cambridge, we are proud to champion the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion — which can be seen and felt in everything we do and everything we strive for. As a leading player in the global real estate ecosystem, we are committed to harnessing opportunities to create inclusive, community-centric spaces and forge a just, forward-looking future where our industry and our talent are supported and nurtured.
We firmly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are the forces propelling innovation. In order to ensure we can have a positive impact on the communities where we live and work and where our investments are based, we are dedicated to creating a stimulating environment where everyone can aspire to and achieve excellence. Ask us about any accommodations you might require to ensure the recruiting process is a fair and equitable process for all. Note that any such accommodations will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.