Intermediate Water/Wastewater Engineer
City : DARTMOUTH
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Water/Wastewater Engineer - ( 230004FT )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
You will apply your technical skills, project delivery, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, design and construction projects for municipal water/wastewater systems including process, treatment facilities, pipelines, pump stations, and related infrastructure. The selected candidate must be self-directed, capable of leading and supervising complex teams, eager to mentor staff, and should demonstrate a passion for involvement in the wastewater industry and an enthusiasm to help develop the practice locally.
You will be located in our Dartmouth office and work with brilliant specialists from across our North American operations.
Our ideal candidate will have experience as a consulting engineer designing water/wastewater projects for municipal clients. This role will require a balance of technical leadership, engineering, and design coordination.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work on all sizes of water and wastewater projects and participate in multi-disciplinary teams through planning, design, and construction for municipal clients.
- Perform engineering design tasks on assigned projects under supervision of the Project Technical Lead or Project Manager, including engineering drawings, engineering reports, presentations, and required applications to regulatory and/or funding agencies.
- May be a design coordinator and/or assistant Project Manager.
- Participate in client project requirement meetings and value analysis and cost estimating.
- Involved in the permitting process of projects, which may require meetings with clients, contractors, reviewing agency personnel and governing entities.
- Manage and lead junior team members while working on projects; complete tasks and delegate specific project tasks to other team members as appropriate.
- Assist senior engineers/designers with developing and managing the project scope, budget, staffing and schedule.
- Prepare contract documents for construction (i.e. engineering drawings and specifications).
- May conduct construction inspection services and construction administration.
- May provide services during construction that can include submittal reviews, responses to requests for information and contract document clarifications.
- Participate in constructability review.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on projects.
- Assist in the development of new standards and specifications for the discipline.
- Prepare portions of engineering project proposals, change orders, client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Has well-developed understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of water/wastewater process engineering design.
- Has aptitudes for assisting with project and team coordination.
- Possesses excellent time management skills; thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Well-developed understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of water/wastewater process systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, as well as relevant discipline software programs.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to administer and inspect construction activities.
- Possesses team leadership skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interview skills are preferred.
- Technical experience to include one or more of the following:
+ Water/Wastewater Treatment Processes
+ Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant and/or system master planning
+ Pump Station Planning and Design
+ Engineering feasibility analyses and design
+ Preparation of construction documents for municipal water/wastewater infrastructure
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree, in civil, environmental, chemical, or mechanical engineering, or related field plus 5 years of experience.
Valid P.Eng. required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Organization : BC-1634 Water-CA Ontario East & Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 30, 2023, 6:01:23 AM
Req ID: 230004FT
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans