Intermediate Transportation Engineer
City : London
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Transportation Engineer - ( 210002Q2 )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is currently seeking an Intermediate Transportation Engineer to join our group in Hamilton, London, or Waterloo. This position will be responsible for helping to lead and manage municipal roadway and transportation-oriented design projects for public sector clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist with the Project Management and control of all aspects of assigned projects to achieve the client’s prescribed scope, time, cost and quality objectives through the application of formal project management process, techniques, and procedures
- Assist with coordinating the efforts of a multi-disciplinary team (internal staff, external consultants, contractors and suppliers), while ensuring the quality of design to achieve the Client’s objectives consistent with the scope of services to be provided
- Develop design plans, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Prepare engineering reports and technical studies
- Guide and mentor junior staff
- Provide experienced and skilled engineering and management of various transportation projects from proposal stage through construction
- Coordinate with client project managers and design teams including sub consultants for effective project delivery
- Work with other transportation staff and departments to complete projects.
- Additional duties may include assisting the transportation leadership with project pursuits and proposal preparation
- Responsible for the review and sealing of projects
- Building a strong culture of quality design and teamwork
- Clients may be both internal and external to Stantec
- Other duties as assigned/required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Extensive experience in AutoCAD, Microstation and InRoads or Civil 3D software will set you apart from your peer group
- Effective communication skills are essential
- Experienced in project management on transportation projects would be considered an asset
- Experienced in report and proposal writing
Education and Experience
University or college degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in the field of road design and construction. A Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) is required with a minimum of five to eight (5-8) years demonstrated experience with transportation engineering responsibilities.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1650 Transportation-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 23, 2022, 11:15:55 AM
Req ID: 210002Q2
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans