Intermediate – Senior Water Resources Professional
City : Membertou
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate - Senior Water Resources Professional - ( 2200049B )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec has an opportunity for a driven and dynamic Intermediate/Senior Water Resources Engineer to support our growing Water Resources team in Atlantic Canada. The position will be located in our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia office and will focus on projects throughout Atlantic Canada. The ideal candidate for this position is one with experience in project management, planning and carrying out field programs in various marine and freshwater settings, and possesses strong data collection, interpretation, modeling and reporting abilities. Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing water resources related projects, leading and contributing to hydrologic field programs, managing contributing to components of environmental assessments, environmental permitting and design activities for a variety of projects.
The Intermediate/Senior Water Resources Engineer will provide field, technical and project management support for hydraulic and hydrologic, climatic, water quality, water resource, and other environmental management components of Stantec’s programs. Projects may include hydraulic and hydrologic modeling, fish passage design, water balance development, environmental maintenance flow assessment, floodplain mapping and flood hazard assessment, surface water quality and quantity assessment, safe yield and surface water supply modeling, watershed-based pollutant transport modeling, and support of surface water quality characterization and receiving water quality studies as they relate to projects in marine and/or freshwater environments.
Your Key Responsibilitie s
- Prepare, participate in and/or lead field programs required for hydrologic or climatic data collection and monitoring programs.
- Participate in interdisciplinary teams responsible for conducting baseline quality/quantity studies, assessments, and ongoing monitoring programs.
- Support hydrometric and climatological site selection and study design activities. Train staff where appropriate.
- Support development of hydrologic and hydraulic models.
- Compile, manage and assess hydrometric, hydrogeologic, climate, water quality, and water use data.
- Support on-going data management and reporting functions.
- Participate in business development of water resources projects, writing proposals, developing scopes and budgets and communicating with clients and contractors.
- Development of junior staff through training, mentoring and review of project work.
- Development and review of safe work practices, including project-specific safety planning.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Highly proficient in the use of hydrologic modeling and analysis software, including HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HEC-SSP, PCSWMM.
- Proficient in the use statistical analysis software, including R, HEC-SSP.
- Proficient in the use of GIS mapping software, including Q-GIS or ArcGIS.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written – including technical or scientific writing)
- Experience and interest in fieldwork, at times in remote locations.
- Familiarity with the Atlantic Canadian, Ontario and Federal regulatory environments for environmental monitoring and construction projects would be an asset.
- Other experience that would be an asset includes construction environmental monitoring; soil, sediment, surface and groundwater quality sampling; and environmental effects monitoring and reporting.
Education and Experience
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or environmental science with prior formal training (e.g., coursework) in hydrology, hydrogeology and/or water resources management is required. Preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s or Doctorate-level degree in a related field and those who are licensed with Engineers NS or Geoscientists NS.
- At minimum, 5 to 10 years’ related experience, or an acceptable combination of education (e.g., advanced degree) and experience.
Prince Edward Island Pay Transparency Legislation: Requires employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in Prince Edward Island:
- Hiring Salary Range: $29.40 per hour - $36.00 per hour — Prince Edward Island locations only. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Prince Edward Island-Charlottetown, Canada-Nova Scotia-Membertou, Canada-New Brunswick-Moncton
Organization : BC-1214 Environment Services-CA Atlantic Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 20, 2022, 4:22:40 PM
Req ID: 2200049B
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans