Intermediate/Senior River Restoration Engineering Project Manager
City : Stoney Creek
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate/Senior River Restoration Engineering Project Manager - ( 240000EN )
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec's River Services group provides clients with professional services in a wide range of disciplines including stream restoration, geomorphological assessment, watershed studies, environmental assessments, and floodplain analysis. Stantec provides complete surface water resources planning and engineering services from the conceptual study phase through design, construction, and monitoring. Our integrated teams allow us to incorporate related disciplines such as civil engineering, landscape architecture, aquatic ecology, terrestrial ecology, wetland science, soil science, and hydrogeology to provide a more thorough understanding of a project and/or a more comprehensive design. Stantec's River Services group has an excellent reputation for mentoring junior staff and providing its clients with high quality services.
An opportunity exists in our Waterloo, ON office (hybrid work arrangements will also be considered) for a talented and enthusiastic team member with a keen interest in the natural sciences and stream restoration to join our team and advance their career. This position would include the opportunity to participate in the assessment, design and construction monitoring of stream restoration projects, and will involve working with multi-disciplinary teams for a variety of existing and new clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
As the successful candidate, you will use your project management and technical abilities to plan and carry out projects in a dynamic team setting and you will be able to use your communication skills to explain complex issues and to develop new clients and project assignments. You will report directly to the Stream Restoration Team Lead. Other responsibilities include:
- Undertaking modeling and design tasks associated with River Services works in support of a wide variety of projects in both the private and public sectors.
- Coordinating with project managers, designers, other technical staff and/or multidisciplinary team members to ensure that the projects’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner;
- Participating in detailed field and office studies and design tasks associated with stream restoration projects;
- Performs field work as required, including the collection of geomorphological field data, post-construction monitoring, environmental sampling, etc.
- Coordinating design and construction drawings;
- Writing reports and design briefs to document analyses;
- Meeting with regulatory agencies and clients to address project-specific stream restoration issues;
- Taking responsibility for the quality of your written, technical and graphic work;
- Managing the technical and financial aspects of stream restoration projects;
- Preparing/participating in proposals for new projects;
- Providing construction administration and observation services.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The successful candidate will possess the following credentials and experience:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science or related discipline.
- You have 5-10 years of experience with Stream Restoration / Surface Water Resources work.
- Are registered or are eligible to be registered as a P.Eng or P.Geo. in the province of Ontario
- A knowledge of surveying techniques, design/drafting software (Civil 3D), hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, and natural channel design concepts.
- Your ability to work in a team environment, with minimal supervision, is desirable.
- Ideally, you are a self-motivated individual possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- You have a valid driver’s license and are able to travel away from home for up to a week and do fieldwork under challenging conditions (e.g., challenging terrain, poor weather).
- You have a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is a priority
- Project management experience would be considered an asset
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Organization : BC-1614 CommDev-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 29, 2024, 8:48:54 AM
Req ID: 240000EN
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans