Intermediate/ Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer
City : WINNIPEG
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate/ Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer - ( 230001HW )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Our Water sector brings together many of the world’s top engineer’s scientists and planners who see water a bit differently. Our teams view each project they undertake as an integral component of a wholistic system. We use this approach to provide our clients with comprehensive solutions that address the challenges, and sometimes differing priorities, that come with this valuable resource. Whether a project’s objective is to: control and use water; improve its quality and habitat potential; or, protect our communities from its natural variability; our teams take a multi-disciplinary approach that integrates and optimizes every facet of design for the natural system. We’re helping communities increase their resiliency during flood conditions and protecting the water resources of our environment for future generations to enjoy.
Stantec’s Winnipeg and Regina offices are seeking an Intermediate or Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer to join our growing Water Resources group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Engineering assessment and design of watercourse infrastructure including: bridge and culvert crossings; pipeline crossings; water intakes; outfalls; dams and water control structures; fishways; recreation and access.
- Flood mitigations such as; dams, levees, erosion control and river training.
- Flood inundation and flood hazard mapping.
- Fish habitat and watercourse restoration using bioengineering techniques.
- Hydrology analyses and watershed modeling, applicable to Western Canada.
- Hydraulic analyses and modeling of watercourses and hydraulic structures.
- Managing projects, administering contracts, and controlling budgets.
- Contract document preparation, including detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Construction contract administration and site inspection services.
- Proposal writing and pursuit of new work.
- Leadership and participation in both local and regional Water Resources teams.
- Mentoring and on-the-job training to junior staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Technical knowledge and experience in hydrotechnical evaluations.
- Demonstratable understanding and experience using hydrotechnical modeling software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative and communications skills.
- Ability to travel to field locations within Canada and the USA.
- Registration as a professional engineer with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba or APEGS or qualifications to obtain this registration at the start of employment.
- Desire to grow in your career in a challenging environment that fosters self-improvement though leadership, mentoring and a diversity of experience.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Civil or Water Resources Engineering.
Over 7-years consulting experience, directly related to water resources, river engineering and municipal infrastructure.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Organization : BC-1112 Water-CA Prairies & Territories
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 29, 2023, 12:20:21 PM
Req ID: 230001HW
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans