Intermediate/Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer
City : Edmonton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate/Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer - ( 2300022D )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Our Water sector brings together many of the world’s top engineer’s scientists and planners who see water a bit differently. Our teams view each project they undertake as an integral component of a wholistic system. We use this approach to provide our clients with comprehensive solutions that address the challenges, and sometimes differing priorities, that come with this valuable resource. Whether a project’s objective is to: control and use water; improve its quality and habitat potential; or, protect our communities from its natural variability; our teams take a multi-disciplinary approach that integrates and optimizes every facet of design for the natural system. We’re helping communities increase their resiliency during flood conditions and protecting the water resources of our environment for future generations to enjoy. Stantec is supporting a hybrid work arrangement allowing staff to balance working from home and the office.
Stantec is seeking a Hydrotechnical Engineer to join our growing Alberta Water Resources team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Leading engineering design for:
- River infrastructure including: water intakes; outfalls; dams and weirs; fishways; flood protection, erosion control; river training; and protective works.
- Watercourse crossings such as bridges, pipelines, roads and other linear infrastructure.
- Fish habitat and watercourse restoration using bioengineering techniques.
- Flood inundation and flood hazard mapping.
- Managing projects, administering contracts, and controlling budgets.
- Proposal writing and business development initiatives.
- Contract document preparation, including detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Construction contract administration and site inspection services.
- Mentoring and on-the-job training to junior staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstratable understanding and experience using of HEC-RAS (1D and 2D) and other hydraulic modelling software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to grow in your career in a challenging environment that fosters self-improvement through leadership, mentoring and a diversity of experience.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Civil or Water Resources Engineering; a Masters in Engineering may be favorably considered.
- Over 6-years consulting experience, directly related to river engineering, water resources and municipal infrastructure.
- Registration as a professional engineer with APEGA or qualifications to obtain this registration at the start of employment
- This position provides a flexible work arrangement.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, including a detailed project list, online at www.stantec.com/careers.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Organization : BC-1101 Water-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 9, 2023, 2:36:53 PM
Req ID: 2300022D
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans