Intermediate/Senior Geotechnical Technician
City : MARKHAM
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate/Senior Geotechnical Technician - ( 220000IR )
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we’re full-service, we mean it. You’ll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec is seeking an Intermediate to Senior Geotechnical Technician to join our team in the Markham, ON office.
Your Key Responsibilities
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with engineers and other technicians performing general duties consisting of both field and laboratory work including the following:
- Conduct various geotechnical construction inspections such as footing and founding level inspections, test pit inspection, reinforcing steel inspections, proof roll and subgrade inspection and attend regular construction meetings.
- Geotechnical field testing such as caisson installation, piling supervision, rock anchor testing; observation of deep foundation installation and piezometer installation and measurements.
- Construction quality control/quality assurance and preparation of quality documents.
- Mentoring, coaching and training of less experienced technical staff as required.
- Assist with field and laboratory testing of soils/concrete/asphalt.
- Assistance with proposal and report preparation in the office.
- Other general field and office related duties.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following qualifications:
- Energetic team player with a commitment to superior client service.
- Experience working with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- A valid Driver's License is required.
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program in civil engineering technology would be an asset.
- Ability and willingness to work away from home.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5 years of experience.
Position will require field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Job : Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1216 Environmental Services-GE-Canada East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 17, 2022, 6:54:09 AM
Req ID: 220000IR
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans