Intermediate/Senior Contract Administrator
City : Vancouver
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate/Senior Contract Administrator - ( 23000048 )
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking an Intermediate/Senior Contract Administrator to work within our Program Management group with a background in large infrastructure programs. This is a key position requiring excellent communication skills and a willingness to work as part of an integrated and multi-discipline team to successfully deliver major capital projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Commercial & Contract Management Lead, coordinate and administer the day-to-day activities associated with bidding/contract award and subsequent contract administration activities relating to complex, high value contracts involving engineering/architectural/environmental consultants and technical services; design and supply of equipment, and construction consistent with our client’s procurement policy and departmental procedures and guidelines.
- Assist project managers and project leads with procurement and contract administration functions
- Coordinate with purchasing, project controls, project management, and construction management team personnel
- Assist in developing commercial conditions/documentation for bids/proposals and contracts including special commercial conditions
- Assist in developing evaluation criteria and weighting for use in evaluating and comparing consultant and technical proposals
- Coordinating the bidding process including preparation and coordinating the issuance of addenda
- Coordinating communication with bidders and providing responses to bidders’ enquiries prior to bid closing
- Obtaining competitive bids/proposals
- Completing commercial evaluations and recommendations for award reports
- Coordinating contract award and preparing award letters and contract documents
- Administer contracts including submittals, RFIs, bonds, insurance, etc.
- Interpreting contract and ensuring compliance with contract terms and the requirements of the scope of the work
- Evaluating/negotiating commercial aspects of work plan submissions
- Processing work plan/work assignment releases
- Support payment process including preparing/processing certificates of payments, negotiating contract price breakdowns, progress payments, off-site inventory payments, and assessing back charges and liquidated damages
- Negotiating final settlement of quantities for unit price contracts
- Processing release of holdback payments as per BC Builders’ Lien Act
- Processing requests for quotes, contract amendments, change directives, and change orders
- Evaluating and preparing analysis of contractor's submissions for changes and claims
- Analyzing rationale for contract changes/claims with contractor's as well as coordinating support from other departments
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong mathematical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi task effectively
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills and must be detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize the various activities to maximize efficiency and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of public procurement and/or contract administration concepts and practices
Education and Experience
- University degree or College Diploma in a relevant discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Accreditation as a Certified Construction Contract Administrator, Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP), Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), or equivalent is considered an asset
- Minimum five (5) years of procurement experience.
- Experience in contract development, in cooperation with legal counsel
- Experience conducting procurement and contract administration on large public sector projects
- Experience leading and/or managing procurement processes for procuring goods and consulting and construction services, utilizing leading practices and methodologies
- Experience in the water and wastewater sector is considered an asset
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Organization : BC-1262 Transportation-Program Management-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 12, 2023, 1:56:39 PM
Req ID: 23000048
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans