Intermediate/Senior Commissioning Agent
City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate/Senior Commissioning Agent - ( 2200020Q )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary consultants works collaboratively with clients and contractors to deliver buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
For both public and private sector clients, we provide unique high-performance oversights on commissioning programs from small scale commercial fit-out projects to billion-dollar state of the art health care centres.
Stantec in Alberta has an opportunity for an Intermediate / Senior Commissioning Agent to join our established Western Canadian Commissioning Team under our Buildings Engineering Practice in Calgary. While the opportunity is based out of Calgary, project locations throughout Alberta and Western Canada including British Columbia, the Prairie Provinces as well as the Northern Territories may require travel for short periods. Remote work strategies may be considered based on project requirements and direct supervisor approval.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Managing and delivering Commissioning Services for valued clients and their projects throughout Alberta.
+ Develop Cx plans and specifications.
+ Attend Cx pre-proposal meetings, Cx kick-off meetings and additional meetings as required for designated Cx projects.
+ Execute and manage commissioning assignments encompassing both in office and on-site activities and requirements.
+ Monitor Cx activities on an ongoing basis to ensure timely and efficient completion of Cx work and ensure compliance of project contract Cx requirements.
+ Develop and / or maintain documentation of Cx projects and milestone events in completion of Cx projects to provide timely and uniform periodic management information reports. Review project schedules for commissioning events and provide feedback for Cx budget reports.
+ Receive and review project as-built drawings, O&M manuals, warranty manuals and commissioning reports.
+ Analyze contracts, review plans, drawings, specifications, and submittals and verify commissioning schedules as required. Identify deficiencies and out-of-scope work requirements and initiate appropriate measures with assigned project manager to facilitate project completion.
+ Maintain schedules, ensuring proper resources are allocated to each commissioning task.
+ Audit all sites during commissioning to ensure desired scope, quality, and schedules are met.
+ Support and participate in coordination and implementation of commissioning and performance testing processes and methodologies, and detailed capture and effective recording of these project details and findings.
+ Reviews of design drawings and specifications and reporting to Clients with regard to whether proposed design satisfies the Owner’s project requirements.
+ Support Commissioning team in active field reviews, testing, issue capture and issues resolution of mechanical, electrical and automation related technical services within facilities.
+ Prepare and develop detailed and concise reports and support documentation.
+ Witness and document air and water balancing procedures and balancing results.
+ Witness and document automation controls verifications and sensor calibrations.
+ Assists in generating Functional Performance test scripts based upon project specific sequences of operation for mechanical, electrical and life safety systems.
+ Assists in facilitating, witnesses and documenting functional performance testing of mechanical, electrical and life safety systems.
- Work collaboratively to support the Western Canadian Commissioning Team and wider North American Commissioning Team to develop and implement programs and procedures affecting Commissioning.
- Leading business development opportunities with the integrated architecture and engineering teams at Stantec and externally
+ Develop commissioning (Cx) scopes of services, Cx cost estimates
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understanding and experience in troubleshooting mechanical (HVAC and fire protection systems) and electrical building systems with direct field related experience.
- Understanding and experience troubleshooting building automation / controls systems with direct field related experience.
- Certified Building Commissioning Professional and / or Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of LEED guidelines and workflows. LEED AP BD C designation is preferred.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge and experience related to commissioning methods, materials, equipment, and contractual requirements for public works (federal / provincial and municipal) construction projects.
- Able to qualify for security clearance based on client requirements.
- Knowledge of professional services procurement processes including contracts.
- Excellent computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Knowledge of cost and scheduling control techniques and ability to apply same to all commissioning projects. Specific experience in implementing project schedules (utilizing Microsoft Project, Prima Vera, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing is required with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be self-sufficient and self-motivated with strong negotiation skills
- Ability to Multi-Task. Note that this position requires the successful candidate to work on multiple projects at once all at varying stages of design / construction. As well with today’s construction industry dates for project and system turnover are always changing and the ability to adapt to these schedule changes is a prime asset for this role.
- Valid 5 Class driver’s license
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or a related field. P.Eng designation is required.
- Minimum of five to seven years of related work experience in Commissioning Programs and / or Performance Testing Fields specific to Buildings Projects within institutional and commercial markets.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Job : Commissioning/Validation
Organization : BC-1153 Buildings-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 1, 2022, 8:11:18 AM
Req ID: 2200020Q
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans