Intermediate/ Senior CAD Technologist
City : Calgary
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate/ Senior CAD Technologist - ( 230000FR )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists have come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Our team provides a new path towards water sustainability with solutions that allow for the reuse and conservation of this precious resource. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we make sure the appropriate quality and quantity of water is where it should be and available when it’s needed. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Apply today H2O+U.
Stantec is a dynamic, people-centered environment that has been recognized by Forbes as one of the world’s best employers. Stantec has also been ranked as the fifth most sustainable company in the world (first in North America!) by Corporate Knights. Those achievements, along with our team of brilliant specialists, have helped the Water group to thrive in meeting the water supply and treatment needs for our clients in Mining, Pulp & Paper, Food & Beverage, Power, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, and the Public Sector is seeking a Process CAD Technologist.
Our team regularly collaborates on projects across North America. The successful candidate should be comfortable working and collaborating on a variety of different projects with team members across North America.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player that is excited about taking on a new challenge. While the successful candidate will be based in one of our Offices located in Burnaby BC, Calgary AB, Edmonton AB, London ON, Ottawa ON, or Winnipeg MB we do offer flexible hybrid work from home/office arrangements.
Your Responsibilities as Process CAD Technologist:
- Mentor and coach junior process staff
- Preparing engineering drawings for municipal projects with Revit.
- Accurately read and interpret process and building mechanical drawings related to water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, and mechanical piping systems.
- Set up new CAD drawings and Revit project files and maintain file structure for projects. Work with project managers and technical design staff to prepare 3D models and drawings.
- Skillfully work in Revit on 3D projects, including maintaining multiple models, creating views, accurate object placement, and UCS manipulation.
- Create electronic data files in compliance with Stantec and client requirements.
- Preparing presentation graphics and report figures.
- Coordinating project drawings with project managers, technical staff, and others using collaboration software such as BIM 360 or ProjectWise.
- Completing model reviews and collaborating with other technical disciplines.
- Ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- A Mechanical Technologist Diploma or equivalent technology diploma/experience.
- Familiarity with water and wastewater treatment disciplines, and/or an educational background in these areas.
- 5 years of related CAD/BIM experience with process mechanical systems.
- Strong communication skills, along with excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities and a willingness to work in a team atmosphere.
- Highly organized, have significant attention to detail, able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Experience in following considered an asset:
+ Plant 3D
+ Bentley Software
+ Autodesk BIM 360 and ProjectWise
+ Autodesk Recap
+ Microsoft Teams
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1269 Water-Delivery-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 30, 2023, 6:50:54 AM
Req ID: 230000FR
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans