Intermediate/Senior CAD Designer
City : OTTAWA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate/Senior CAD Designer - ( 230000DT )
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
The role of an Intermediate/Senior Civil Engineering Designer is to work on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the close guidance and supervision of a Project Manager/Team Lead. You should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations, supporting other teams within the group, facilitating complex projects and large design packages.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs civil design using knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Works with other engineering disciplines and professionals in the completion of the project under the direction of a project coordinator or project manager.
- Performs field work as directed by a supervisor.
- Performs calculations to analyze and design civil system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Assists with engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assists with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Assists in basic interpretation and verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards and practices.
- Performs a variety of tasks which may include analyzing proposed project solutions to ensure design integrity, reliability, resource efficiently and cost effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned by project managers or supervisor.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of civil engineering design.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of civil engineering concepts (e.g. grading and servicing design) and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and basic AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently within a team.
- Possession of a valid Class “G” driver license.
Education and Experience
Diploma or Degree in a Civil Engineering Designation. Minimum 5-10 years’ experience is required
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Organization : BC-1604 Community Development-CA Ottawa ON
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 27, 2023, 2:17:52 PM
Req ID: 230000DT
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans