Intermediate SAP Plant Maintenance Consultant – Western Canada CIC
City : Calgary
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
As an Application Package Specialist, you'll help clients in the selection, implementation, and production support of application packaged solutions. You'll gain in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the clients’ business environment. Join us and start your path as a key player to achieve client expected business results and become the expert you want to be.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is the first of its kind in Canada. The Western Canada CIC weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally.
In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide –for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development –staff training is one of the largest Centre investments.
- Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role to invigorate Calgary’s technology sector
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide timely and effective support to end-users on SAP PM-related queries, issues, and incidents. Troubleshoot problems, identify root causes, and propose solutions to ensure minimal disruption to business operations.
- Collaborate with business users and technical teams to gather requirements and perform configuration changes in the SAP PM module. Customize settings, define maintenance order types, create maintenance plans, configure notifications, and set up relevant master data elements.
- Develop and execute test plans and scripts to validate SAP PM module functionality and ensure compliance with business requirements. Conduct unit testing, integration testing, and regression testing to maintain system stability and reliability.
- Create and update documentation, user guides, and training materials related to SAP PM processes and functionalities. Conduct training sessions for end-users to enhance their understanding of SAP PM features and promote system adoption.
- Participate in change management activities related to SAP PM module enhancements and upgrades. Collaborate with project teams to assess the impact of changes, communicate updates to stakeholders, and support the successful implementation of system changes.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and automation within the SAP PM module. Work closely with business users to understand their requirements and propose system enhancements to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and increase user satisfaction.
- Ticket triaging for SAP PM-related incidents using the designated ticketing system. Coordinate with the appropriate teams to investigate and resolve incidents within agreed-upon service-level agreements (SLAs).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including maintenance technicians, planners, procurement, and finance, to ensure seamless integration of SAP PM with other modules and business processes. Act as a liaison between business users and technical teams to facilitate effective communication and problem resolution.
- Handling Integration of SAP PM with other third-party applications.
- Global on-call rotation, follow-the-sun
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with remote office locations.
- Continuous learning mindset to keep up with the latest SAP PM developments and best practices.
- Strong presentation skills with high degree of comfort in communicating with business users, developers, managers and executive leadership team
- Ability to plan and estimate development tasks (ideally within an Agile framework)
- Ability to capture best practices and create collateral such as white-papers, and blogs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of hands-on consulting and configuration experience with SAP S/4 implementation or support of SAP Plat Maintenance processes
- Possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of the SAP PM module, including configuration settings, master data management, work order management, preventive maintenance, and integration with other SAP modules.
- Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing with some exposure to TDD
- 3+ years of experience working with multilocation multi-cultural distributed agile teams.
- Proven track record of delivering solution for complex business requirements and integrations involving SAP S/4 and other third-party applications (SaaS as well as non-SaaS)
- Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework is a plus.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- SAP PM certification is preferred.
- Experience working with 3rd-party integrations.
- Experience with multiple cloud services, including IBM Cloud, AWS,
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.