Intermediate Project Manager, Geotechnics
City : SAINT
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Project Manager, Geotechnics - ( 23000080 )
Are you looking for an engineering firm with whom you will carry out responsible and sustainable projects? Working with teams that collaborate and foster professional development. Stantec is the company where you will want to grow and participate in our geotechnical mandates. The sum of our expertise makes us one of the top 10 design firms in the world according to Engineering News-Record.
Here in Quebec, we are a team of 1500 people in 15 offices, with a strong and committed local leadership. Our work environment is a healthy and inclusive place that meets your needs in a flexible and hybrid environment.
Our geotechnical team is full service: you will find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and outdoors, above and below ground, above and below water, on projects of all sizes. From field exploration and laboratory testing to design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team provides robust solutions to projects.
Join Stantec as a Project Manager in one of our Montreal area offices. Your main duties will be to manage and participate in geotechnical investigation campaigns and write technical reports. More specifically:
- Conduct and manage small to large-scale geotechnical investigations,
- Identify risks inherent to the activities,
- Prepare & write technical reports, proposing clear, precise, and refined solutions,
- Write proposals,
- Manage clients, schedules, and budgets for a portfolio of multiple projects,
- Site inspections throughout Quebec (often) and elsewhere in Canada (occasionally).
- Bachelor's degree in civil or geological engineering,
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience,
- Member of the Quebec Order of Engineers (OIQ),
- Excellent communication skills,
- Mastery of the French language for the writing of technical reports,
- Knowledge of English is required to facilitate collaboration with our internal teams outside Quebec or with our clients.
Your keys to success
- Master's degree in civil or geological engineering,
- Experience in the mining field,
- Author of technical publications.
What we offer
- Dynamic and friendly work environment within a team that shares knowledge and experience,
- Regular full-time position: 37.5 hrs/week,
- Competitive compensation,
- Flexible schedule,
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees,
- Flexible group insurance plan,
- Group RRSP,
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan,
- Training and skills development program.
Why Choose Stantec
In addition to its promising projects, Stantec also stands out for its social benefits and other programs. Above all, we always make the necessary efforts to help you grow in your responsibilities, whatever they may be. And to do this, never hesitate to share your goals and wishes with your manager - that's how you'll continue to grow with Stantec!
Why apply?300 new employees have joined us in the last 12 months because the projects Stantec has won are what consulting engineering professionals want!
If you see yourself in this position, apply today or contact your recruiter Marco Vanderwey on LinkedIn!
Primary Location : Canada-Quebec-Saint-Laurent
Other Locations : Canada-Quebec-Laval, Canada-Quebec-Montréal, Canada-Quebec-Longueuil
Organization : BC-1216 Environmental Services-GE-Canada East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 20, 2023, 3:47:51 PM
Req ID: 23000080
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans