Intermediate Pavement Engineer
City : WATERLOO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Pavement Engineer - ( 230001KR )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec’s Infrastructure Management and Pavement Engineering (IMPE) Group is a recognized leader in pavement engineering, integrated infrastructure /asset management consulting, and related data collection activities.
We have vast experience in pavement engineering and management, providing clients with sustainable pavement solutions. We are well-recognized through projects successfully completed throughout North America and abroad.
Our team based in Southern Ontario is seeking a results-oriented and dynamic Intermediate Pavement Engineer who will provide their technical expertise and will work closely with a team of Pavement Engineers and Project Managers focused on collaboration, integrated design, client service and business success.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supporting Project Managers with pavement management tasks, including project setup, data review and management, data loading, pavement management model development, data analysis, and report writing
- Assist with client management and act as client liaison when required.
- Managing and organizing field and spatial data to ensure quality and consistency
- Pavement data quality control, including daily field data checks
- Preparing for field surveys including route planning
- Processing pavement condition data: assets, images, distress, roughness, and GPS data
- Working with spatial data in GIS and writing queries
- Coordinating with team members and project managers to assemble data packages for delivery to clients
- Loading, analyzing, and documenting pavement performance and sectional attribute data
- Assisting in preparing pavement management reports
In this role, you will be accountable to various Project Managers who manage pavement data collection and pavement management projects across North America. Our clients range from municipalities to provincial transportation departments and the private sector.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail are essential
- Exposure to analytical data and proficiency in working with MS Excel, MS Access, GIS, geospatial databases, and overall understanding of database management are essential
- Knowledge of FME software and/or experience with programming is considered an asset
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- Time-management skills – ability to work under pressure with dynamic deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant AASHTO and ASTM Standards related to asphalt and pavements is considered an asset
- Experience with pavement management software is considered an asset
- Well-developed written communication skills in the preparation of technical reports, correspondence and proposals are considered an asset
Education and Experience
Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field, GIS, Database Management, or related Technology course
Experience and interest in the engineering or consulting industry
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1620 Transpt-CA Ontario West IMPE
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 12, 2023, 12:46:58 PM
Req ID: 230001KR
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans