Intermediate Landscape Architect/ Designer
City : Kelowna
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Landscape Architect/ Designer - ( 2300016A )
Looking for a change? Look no further. We currently have two (2) intermediate landscape architecture/ design positions in BC and are looking for an opportunity to expand in the province or grow locally within our Vancouver office. As part of the Community Development team, we do work in the realm of landscape architecture, urban design, planning, engineering, and architecture with a focus on cross-collaboration between disciplines where we see new ideas for innovation. From small pop-ups to large urban waterfront parks and community design, we see engaging with our local First Nations and the community to shape the vision for a healthy and ecologically sustainable landscape. This position offers the opportunity to be involved in unique design projects across British Columbia and North America while working interactively with our design team, clients, municipalities and the public, on a broad range of projects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- We are looking for a candidate that can work independently while collaborating with our senior and junior staff.
- Collaborative mindset, that is open to ideas but can exercise critical thinking throughout the design process, is excited about the challenge and is passionate about landscape architecture, urban design, and ecological sustainability.
- Production of various design-related deliverables with a variety of digital and hand media
- Supporting team lead and staff with various aspects of the profession
- Participate and brainstorm ideas on the preparation of graphic materials and design reports
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to excel and be a self-motivated individual who wants to lead their work in the future
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- We are mostly Autodesk software with Sketchup and Rhino environment for 3D.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office applications. Strong technical detailing, graphic and digital design, and documentation skills.
- Working knowledge in Landfx, C3D, and interest in parametric design is not required but is considered an asset.
Education and Experience
- 3-7 years of professional experience in landscape architecture office or equivalent of professional, education, or landscape design
- A degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university or a combination of related education and experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their portfolio and resume online at www.stantec.com/careers
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 13, 2023, 8:15:31 AM
Req ID: 2300016A
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans