Intermediate Geotechnical Field Engineer
City : BRITISH COLUMBIA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Geotechnical Field Engineer - ( 220003U2 )
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a great team. When we say that we’re full-service, we mean it. You’ll find us in the office, on-site, and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. Join our team today!
We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate Geotechnical Field Engineer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in engineering and geotechnical projects across a variety of sectors including major infrastructure projects in a multi-discipline team environment. Stantec’s projects include pipelines and midstream facilities, industrial developments, building and land developments, civil infrastructure, mining infrastructure, flood mitigation infrastructure, and renewable energy developments.
You will have the chance to collaborate with multidisciplinary design teams and our geotechnical, geohazard, geomorphology, and materials testing experts across Canada. This role will allow you to leverage your geotechnical project experience and take on increased responsibility while receiving senior mentorship from industry leading experts.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Travel as required for various field programs.
- Perform site inspection and supervision for a range of projects and geotechnical challenges including slope stability, rockfall, excavations, exploration programs, shallow and deep foundations, and trenchless crossings.
- Use your technical and communication skillset to plan and execute geotechnical investigations, complete geotechnical analysis and reporting deliverables, and provide design support to multidisciplinary teams.
- Lead and manage geotechnical projects and design tasks.
- Develop and maintain strong client and contractor relations.
- Mentoring, coaching, and training junior staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong client, sub-consultant, and contractor management experience.
- Strong technical understanding and experience with soil and rock classification, slope stability, earthworks construction, pipeline construction, foundation design recommendations, pavement design, trenchless utility installations, and other geotechnical design aspects.
- Proficiency with common geotechnical software (e.g., GeoStudio and Rocscience software suites, LPILE, and gINT).
- Experience with finite element and limit equilibrium analysis software (e.g., PLAXIS) is desirable.
- Excellent organizational ability, report writing, and verbal communication are essential.
- Professional Engineer in good standing with APEGA and EGBC, or the ability to obtain the professional designations.
- Valid Driver’s License; must be willing to provide a driver’s abstract for review.
Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering from a recognized university. Post graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset.
Minimum of 6 years’ experience in geotechnical engineering design and consulting, primarily in Alberta or Western Canada.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada, Canada-Alberta, Canada-British Columbia
Organization : BC-1233 Environmental Services-GE-CA Alberta South
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 11, 2022, 11:43:54 AM
Req ID: 220003U2
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans