Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
City : Mississauga,
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
You’ll be part of our growing team, using your skills as a Geotechnical Engineer to support our design team in the Mississauga, Ontario and our other offices. You will have an opportunity to work on interesting and challenging dam design projects in the mining industry while interfacing with other related disciplines and collaborate on projects throughout Canada and Internationally.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You will be using your abilities to interface with other related disciplines (hydrology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, permitting, etc.) at WSP.
- You’ll be using your expertise conduct and engineering analyses, geotechnical design of dam structures, drawings, technical specifications, and design reports
- You will have with opportunities to collaborate on projects throughout Canada and Internationally
- You’ll help manage and oversee junior engineers with daily tasks including analyses, modelling, quantity estimates, etc.;
- You’ll provide office support to oversee geotechnical field work including drilling, test pitting, well installation, and CQA inspection.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering; Masters degree considered an asset
- You are currently registered as a P.Eng. – a minimum 5 years industry experience or equivalent
- You are proficient in numerical modelling with finite element or finite difference software programs for static and dynamic analyses of tailings / hydro dams and soil-structure interactions
- You are proficient in seepage, stability and liquefaction analysis for various slopes and dams
- You are able to draw on your own experience, knowledge, and expertise to assist the team in providing the best response in a critical or urgent situation
- You are able to interpret data from a variety of sources, apply your technical knowledge, and assist in resolving problems that arise on projects
- You are well organized and have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time
- You have a desire for self-learning and a commitment to technical excellence
- You have strong written and oral communication skills
- You must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
- You’ve got access to a vehicle, a clean Driver’s Abstract, and you know your way around the MS Office suite of products;
- You want to experience what it’s like to work for the leading geotechnical and environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team