City : Calgary
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Financial Analyst working in our Calgary downtown office within our Wireline department. Reporting to the Manager, Commercial Finance -Consumer, and working as part of a small team, the successful candidate will be accountable for analyzing monthly variable costs and reporting financial results as well as providing business support.
A typical day
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual variable costs accounting entries and supporting working papers as required
• Assist with month end close procedures including comprehensive analysis of variances and account reconciliations
• Support monthly calculation and payment of network fees and copyright royalties
• Ensure the network fees are calculated in accordance with contracts
• Liaison with external affiliates and primary contact with external software partners for Networks fees, includes testing and implementing new software process to meet business needs.
• Subject matter expert in maintenance of contracts, rates, payment and analysis in software
• Support internal business partners, the performance of third party audits and analyzing / disputing results;
• Work with Finance business partners in the preparation of budget and forecast and identify areas of risk and opportunity;
• Continuously evaluate accounting processes and reporting, looking for increased efficiencies and better information for management decision-making; and Identify and provide solutions to gaps in processes.
• Complete special projects, ad-hoc requests and various other duties as needed
• 5+ years progressive accounting experience
• Degree/diploma in Accounting or equivalent experience is an asset
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will also be considered
• Advanced Excel skills are required, including maintaining Macros and use of complex formulas for large volumes of data
• Experience with Alteryx, Power BI and Oracle ERP experience is considered an asset.
• Strong attention to detail, ability to analyze financial data and proficient in account reconciliations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong organizational skills
• A team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and strict deadlines
• Thrives in a collaborative team focused environment; adaptive and enthusiastic about change
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal (and credit) background check This role is location-specific to Calgary
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated