Intermediate Environmental Site Assessor
City : Waterloo
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Environmental Site Assessor - ( 230000JE )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
As an Environmental Site Assessor, you will work with our Environmental Site Investigation, Remediation and Risk Assessment practice in our Ottawa, Markham, Whitby, Mississauga, Stoney Creek, Waterloo, or London Ontario offices. We are seeking an exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individual capable of working independently with a keen interest in environmental site assessment to join our team and advance their career. As a key member of the team, the successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities relating to Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA), Phase II ESA, remediation programs, and hydrogeological investigations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Learn and follow standard operation procedures for work assigned, while continuing to develop skills
- Demonstrate ability to analyze field and technical data, and draft technical reports
- Perform and document field data collection activities (including oversight of subcontractors)
- Execute field programs with site visits, test pitting, borehole drilling, monitoring well installation, soil vapor surveys, soil and groundwater remediation monitoring and surveying
- Carry-out office duties such as data management, analysis and interpretation, report preparation, proposal preparation, and other general tasks
- Evening and weekend work may be required
- Occasional travel may be required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Show initiative in integrating creativity and innovation in all work tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable provincial and federal environmental regulations and guidelines
- Demonstrate knowledge of field equipment, GIS-related mobile data collection, reporting software
- Exhibit strong attention to detail
- Be conscientious, organized, and disciplined
- Must already have or be eligible to obtain federal security clearance
- Possess a good driving record and valid driver’s license
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Geoscience, Engineering, or similar discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years of applicable experience in conducting field programs for environmental site assessment and/or remediation projects is preferred
- Previous project coordination/ management experience would be preferred
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1221 EnvSvcs-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 12, 2023, 11:56:26 AM
Req ID: 230000JE
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans