Intermediate Environmental Scientist/Technologist (Reclamation)
City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Environmental Scientist/Technologist (Reclamation) - ( 230002L6 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environment talent on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science
We are seeking an Intermediate Environmental Scientist/Technologist to join our Site Investigation and Remediation (SIR) team in either Calgary or Edmonton, AB.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordination of scopes of work, and writing of technical reports
- Fulfilling health and safety requirements and completing all work in accordance with established protocols
- Execution of field projects, including but not limited to execution of field work site reclamation activities to meet landscape, soil, and vegetation assessment objectives
- Assess reclamation success on various sites and complete detailed site assessments (DSA), complete vegetation monitoring of reclamation sites, and complete detailed site assessments
- Participating in local and remote-areas field work, working up to 12 hours per day
- Provide training and mentoring to more junior staff as field lead
- Writing field instructions and development of field work scopes
- Writing technical reports (Phase I, II or III environmental site assessment, monitoring reports and Reclamation Certificate applications)
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Dedication to working safely within established procedures and protocols
- Adaptability, organization, critical thinking, self-motivation, a keen willingness to learn, a love of the outdoors, attention to detail, succinct writing ability, and ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills and the ability to identify issues in the field while working with senior staff to develop solutions
- Proficiency with standard productivity software including all MSOffice products
- Additional skills such as current First Aid training, WHMIS, H2S Alive, UTV operator training, water and soils sampling, mechanical aptitude and experience in the field of Environmental Science or Engineering are assets but are not required.
- Practical knowledge of working outdoors or in an outdoor environment are assets but are not required.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Able to travel and mobilize to sites on minimal notice
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in environmental engineering, geology, hydrogeology or environmental science, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Previous experience in in the completion of any of the following:
+ environmental site assessments (Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III Environmental Site Assessments)
+ knowledge of reclamation criteria for wellsites and associated facilities
+ strong soil and vegetation knowledge to complete post-reclamation monitoring and DSA
+ experience completing reclamation certificate applications
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Organization : BC-1235 EnvSvcs-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 22, 2023, 7:16:37 AM
Req ID: 230002L6
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans