Intermediate Environmental Scientist/Engineer
City : SASKATOON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Environmental Scientist/Engineer - ( 2400005M )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Stantec provides an array of opportunities for career development and growth. It is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
We are currently seeking Environmental Scientists to join our Environmental Services team in Saskatchewan. Your role will be to work as a key member of our Prairies and Territories Environmental Services team, in a broad range of responsibilities relating to Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Phase II ESAs, soil and groundwater remediation programs, environmental spill response, and hydrogeological investigations. The successful candidate will work within our Site Investigation, Remediation & Response practice area, in project teams across various sectors. We are seeking driven, exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals capable of working independently with a keen interest in the environmental field looking to advance their career in a globally progressive consulting firm. The position is based out of our Saskatoon or Regina office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Independently execute a variety of field programs including, but not limited to, site visits, test pitting, borehole drilling, monitoring well installation, soil vapor surveys, soil and groundwater remediation monitoring, surveying, and sampling of various media.
- Carry out office duties such as data management, analysis and interpretation, report preparation, proposal preparation, and other general tasks.
- Analyze field and technical data, and author technical reports.
- Prepare soil boring logs and well construction details.
- Complete aquifer testing, water level measurements, and elevation surveying.
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Travel to remote communities via air or road may be required.
- Learn and follow standard operating procedures for work assigned, while continuing to develop skills.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Show initiative in integrating creativity and innovation in all work tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable provincial and federal environmental regulations and guidelines.
- Experience using environmental field equipment, GIS-related mobile data collection, reporting software.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to work under pressure and within short timelines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Be conscientious, organized, and disciplined.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain federal reliability security clearance.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or similar discipline or Diploma in applicable environmental discipline. A minimum of 5 to 7 years of applicable experience in conducting field programs for environmental site assessment and/or remediation projects. Prior experience in an engineering or consulting environment is an asset.
This position will involve a combination of field and office work. Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for periods of time. Fieldwork may include travel (road or air) and exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Evening and weekend work may be required. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Organization : BC-1114 EnvSvcs-CA Prairies & Territories
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 15, 2024, 12:59:10 PM
Req ID: 2400005M
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans