Intermediate Environmental Project Manager
City : Vancouver
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Environmental Project Manager - ( 2300045H )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is currently seeking an Environmental Project Manager (Intermediate) to manage small to mid-size environmental projects, assist Senior Project Managers on larger projects and provide assessment and permitting support. The successful candidate will work closely with our senior project managers and provide support for a variety of projects mainly in the municipal/regional infrastructure, ports and marine terminals, transportation and infrastructure, and oils and gas sectors. This position will be part of Stantec’s Environmental Services team that provides the full range of expertise needed to address a variety of technical, permitting and approval requirements. We provide integrated, multidisciplinary services to identify and assess liabilities and risks. Projects are anticipated to include construction environmental management, contaminated sites investigations and remediations, and environmental permitting.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Promote a strong health and safety culture and actively participate in Stantec’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment Program
- Project management of small to mid-size projects or assistant Project Management of large projects, including managing field programs, scopes, schedules, budgets, and deliverables
- Effective communications with the project team, clients and regulators, business development
- Prepare reports and other technical writing assignments including proposals, cost estimates, and presentations
- Ability to work with multiple teams and on multiple deadlines
- Provide support with organizing and documenting meetings, following-up on action items
- Organize and share information effectively amongst different disciplines
- Support quality assurance and control aspects of the project
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Self-motivated, active listener with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Strong interpersonal and social skills and ability to interact across a broad range of audiences and technical backgrounds including internal and external clients and regulatory agencies
- Several years of experience in an environmental field such as fisheries, wildlife, contaminated sites or construction environmental management and coordination
- Working knowledge of and interest in environmental regulations, assessment and permitting aspects for infrastructure, municipal and oil and gas projects (e.g. Fisheries Act, Species at Risk Act, Water Sustainability Act, Environmental Management Act, municipal and regional planning information sources and bylaws)
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Ability to solve problems efficiently
- Ability to develop innovative project ideas for reducing environmental impact
- Ability to complete assigned projects on time and control and manage budget and safety of field programs
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team and designate project tasks effectively
- Ability to analyze data and create reports, proposals, cost estimates, and presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to conduct environmental research and create policies from the research
- Licensed to operate a motor vehicle or capable of obtaining a license and able to maintain a valid driver’s license
Education and Experience
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams on environmental projects
- Bachelor or graduate degree in environmental planning, environmental science, biology, engineering, or a related discipline from a recognized university
- Minimum of 5 years in an environmental field such as fisheries, wildlife, contaminated sites or construction environmental management and coordination
- Work experience in the Infrastructure sector and working alongside engineering design teams is an asset
- Holding or working towards professional accreditation (e.g. R.P.Bio, P.Eng.) and gaining experience with environmental disciplines
- Experience developing client facing reports, proposals, cost estimates, and presentations
- Experience working in multi-stakeholder environments, working groups, and in developing responses for information requests (public or engineering sourced comments)
- Experience working with Indigenous Groups
Typical office environment working on computers and organizing teams or groups of people toward client-ready project deliverables Occasional field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1232 EnvSvcs-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 16, 2023, 2:02:23 PM
Req ID: 2300045H
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans