Intermediate Environmental Impact Assessment or Permitting Practitioner
City : BRITISH COLUMBIA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Environmental Impact Assessment or Permitting Practitioner - ( 23000449 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec has an opportunity for an Intermediate Environmental Scientist to help support environmental assessments and permitting projects within British Columbia. In this position you will be working under the direction of senior or intermediate assessment and permitting professionals. You will also have the opportunity to work within another technical discipline including ecology or environmental science. Our projects are in the ports and marine, transportation, oil and gas, mining, and power sectors.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Promote a strong health and safety culture and actively participate in Stantec’s Health, Safety, Security, and Environment Program
- Under the direction of senior or intermediate assessment and permitting staff, prepare applications and other materials, for projects from early planning stages, through regulatory processes and into and beyond construction. Deliverables include regulatory roadmaps, application scoping, site selection studies, environmental assessments, permit applications, preparation of regulatory and technical sections of applications, managing information requests, and preparation of environmental management plans.
- Build collaborative relationships with other Stantec staff, including Stantec’s national Assessment and Permitting team
- Support and participate in engagement activities with regulators, Indigenous groups, communities, and stakeholders as part of the project design, environmental assessment and permitting process
- Lead or support to proposals (budget development and proposal writing)
- Client management, client communication and business development
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge and experience with federal and/or provincial environmental assessment and/or permitting requirements
- Practical knowledge of environmental mitigation and best management practices (e.g., successful implementation of permit conditions)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and social skills and ability to interact across a broad range of multidisciplinary audiences/ technical backgrounds including internal and external clients and regulatory agencies
- Ability to work in a team setting, mentor, accept responsibility and meet deadlines
- Follow quality control procedures and strive to provide quality products
- Willingness to travel for project work, as needed
- Experience in business development and client relationship building
- Indigenous, regulatory, and public engagement experience is an asset
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or graduate degree in an environmental, physical science, or engineering related discipline with at least eight (8) years of experience focusing on environmental assessments or permitting
- Has obtained or is eligible for a professional designation in British Columbia (e.g., R.P.Bio., P.Eng., P.Geo., P.Ag.).
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining stationary at a workstation for long periods of time. Field work may include work in remote environments, challenging terrain, and exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia
Organization : BC-1232 EnvSvcs-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 6, 2023, 12:55:46 PM
Req ID: 23000449
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans