City : Waterloo
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Engineer - ( 2200044U )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is seeking an Intermediate Transportation Engineer with 5-10 years of related experience for our Ontario offices in Hamilton, London, and Waterloo! This group provides consulting services for Class Environmental Assessment, Preliminary Design, and Detail Design projects for public sector clients, including several Ontario Southwest/GTA municipalities and the Ministry of Transportation Ontario.
The qualified candidate should be a licensed P.Eng. in Ontario and will provide immediate supervision and guidance to a group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals for accuracy and completeness; and maintaining schedules.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform broad, varied and diverse engineering design tasks on assigned projects under general supervision of the lead or manager, including engineering drawings, engineering reports, and presentations.
- Assist senior engineers/designers with developing and managing the project scope including cost estimates, budget, staffing and schedule.
- Assist the senior project transportation engineer in preparing the conceptual, preliminary and final design and attends client project requirement meetings.
- Involved in the permit process, which may require meetings with clients, contractors, reviewing agency personnel and governing entities.
- Prepare portions of engineering project proposals, change orders, client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Coordinate technical activities and designs with personnel in other disciplines and departments serve as a liaison between senior engineer and design team.
- Prepare engineering feasibility studies by analyzing engineering design, conducting environmental impact studies, and assembling data.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project document production.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Familiarity with highway and roadway design related software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and InRoads
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 5 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1650 Transportation-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 12, 2022, 9:30:09 AM
Req ID: 2200044U
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans