Intermediate Engineer, Land Development
City : Ottawa, ON
Category : T&I - Land Development & Municipal Engineering
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our Land Development Engineering department, located at our Ottawa office. Reporting to the Manager, the successful application will work on a wide variety of roadway, transit and transportation projects responsible for the preparation of designs, plans, drawings, and other related material. This position requires to be team focused as well be able to take initiative.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Work with project managers and other team members on a variety of land development projects
- Participate in the development of conceptual and detailed design drawings, designs and plans including site servicing, alignments, geometries, sections and details
- Prepare and check calculations for grading, storm sewers, sanitary sewers, watermains, quantity take-offs and construction cost estimates
- Develop and obtain familiarity of current industry standards particularly TAC and City of Ottawa Design Guidelines
- Prepare reports and other project related documentation including contract documents and construction specifications
- Assist with preparing presentation materials and proposals
- Some field work may be required including construction inspection on projects in Ottawa and surrounding areas
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university, with 3-5 years of related experience
- P.Eng. designation or EIT
- Ability to work in a team environment with excellent interpersonal abilities
- Ability to take initiative with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal, including analytical writing and presentation skills
- Comfortable in working in both an office and field environment
- Ability to interpret engineering/construction drawings and specs
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft products is required
- Experience Civil 3D software is required
- Excellent MS Word and Excel abilities
- Knowledge of City of Ottawa standards and specifications is required
- This position requires the successful candidate to have a valid driver’s license