Intermediate Engineer in Hydrology / Hydraulics
City : Dorval, QC
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
DORVAL or MONTREAL
WSP est l'une des principales entreprises de services professionnels au monde, renforcée par la création récente de WSP E&I Canada Ltd., une filiale en propriété exclusive de WSP Canada Inc.
Nous avons plus de 63 000 membres d'équipe à travers le monde. Au Canada, nos 12 000 personnes sont impliquées dans tous les domaines, de l'assainissement de l'environnement à la planification urbaine, de l'ingénierie de bâtiments emblématiques à la conception de réseaux de transport durables, de la recherche de nouvelles façons d'extraire les ressources essentielles au développement de sources d'énergie renouvelables pour l'avenir. Notre objectif est de pérenniser nos villes et nos environnements.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Assist in the development of a Water Management team (which includes Hydrology and Hydraulics)
- Provide technical expertise, as well as support and oversee hydrological designs, proposals and reports
- Lead critical delivery meetings and oversee field investigations
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and support the technical component of business development materials
- When required, work collaboratively with other departments, environmental regulators and WSP offices on project related work
- Oversee and conduct a wide variety of hydrological assessments and development projects
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
What you'll bring to WSP:
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in civil engineering, Hydrology, water resources engineering or other related discipline
- 5 years relevant experience (preferably mining, industrial)
- Proficiency in analytical and modelling techniques and thorough understanding of the water regime associated with all stages of mine development and operation
- Project Management skills are necessary, with an ability to track timelines, meet budgets and schedules
- Software experience (or equivalent) in: HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, FLOW 2D 3D, TELEMAC, SWMM and MIKE (Flood, both steady-state and dynamic), including dam breach, GoldSim, ArcGIS and AutoCAD is an asset
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
- Able to write technical reports in French and in English
- Registered (or is eligible) with the Order of Engineers of Quebec (OIQ)
- Ability to travel to mine sites as needed