Intermediate Electrical Engineer, Water
City : Moncton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Electrical Engineer, Water - ( 2200047Z )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
You will contribute to design and engineering for projects of varying size and complexity. As a licensed professional, your duties may include taking responsibility for design and project deliverables; however, work will be completed under the guidance of a Senior Electrical Engineer. You will be responsible for applying engineering knowledge, concepts, and experience to size, evaluate, select, and specify electrical power, lighting and auxiliary systems for use on assigned projects in accordance with relevant codes and standards. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include conducting field investigations, preparing design calculations, developing construction packages (drawings and specifications), and contributing to business development activities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Acts as Engineer-of-Record for projects and/or project components within areas of professional competency.
- Evaluates, selects, specifies, and engineers all electrical engineered systems or products for a project.
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes technologies in development of three dimensional models of electrical systems
- Provides guidance, training, and mentorship for junior engineers / EITs.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various phases of design and construction, including plans, diagrams, and details.
- Leads project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Participates in client project requirement meetings and value analysis and basic cost estimating.
- Assists Senior Engineers with developing and managing the project scope, budget, staffing and schedule.
- May lead the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Performs and oversees the performance of calculations using company standard software, and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Utilizes advanced techniques for the analysis of specialized electrical elements.
- Participates in constructability reviews.
- Conducts quality assurance and implements quality control frameworks on own projects.
- Assists in the development of new standards and specifications for the electrical group.
- Works on multiple projects.
- Conducts field reviews to assess as-built conditions.
- Provides construction phase services, responds to RFIs, reviews shop drawings, and conducts reviews of construction for general conformance with design.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge and application of electrical and building codes.
- General understanding of all phases of project, document production, and the relationship between drawings and specifications, particularly in the water/wastewater industry.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Presentation and interview skills are preferred.
- Well-versed understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, and AutoDesk products (i.e. AutoCAD).
- Experience with specialized power system software such as ETAP, SKM PowerTools, and/or EasyPower is an asset.
- Mentoring and professional development of other personnel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Typical office environment, working with computers and drawings for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to hazards including construction, weather, and industrial operations that may be experienced at water and/or wastewater related facilities.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-New Brunswick-Moncton, New Zealand-Waikato-Hamilton, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Ontario-Windsor, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton
Organization : BC-1269 Water-Delivery-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 21, 2022, 9:27:33 AM
Req ID: 2200047Z
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans