Intermediate Electrical Engineer
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Join a global leader. Design and build the world’s toughest projects. Transform the future, today.
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
To enable us to meet challenging new and existing client demands, we are seeking to boost our Electrical Engineering team. The purpose of this position is to provide essential administrative processes and technical knowledge. This position supports the Lead on assigned projects or evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques of intermediate to moderate complexity.
• Understand the client’s drivers and apply fit-for-purpose techniques to develop the best total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of moderately complex engineering problems
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Execute Fluor’s scope of work according to contract requirements
• Interface with client representatives: project, planning, electrical and instrument engineers, operations and maintenance to align contract requirements and expectations
• Interface with Fluor discipline engineers to develop interdisciplinary drawings and specifications
• Understand and follow the effort-hours budget and process schedule
• Support execution of the Quality Plan to ensure that work product meets defined requirement and standards, as needed
• Other duties as assigned