Intermediate Climate Change Adaptation Professional
City : Ville de Québec
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Climate Change Adaptation Professional - ( 220004DP )
Together we can accomplish great things by acting in the collective interest. Due to a significant increase in mandates, we have a career opportunity for an intermediate professional with several years of experience in climate change risk analysis and the development of adaptation strategies.
You will be interested in the technical and social issues related to the impacts of climate change (CC) on urban and non-urban areas, integrating CC risk analysis and adaptation measures into life cycle and asset management plans, in view of improving infrastructure resilience. The role will be in hybrid mode, and you will be based either in Montreal, Trois Rivieres, or Quebec City.
Your main responsibilities
- Participate in CC adaptation projects:
+ Identify risks and vulnerabilities.
+ Analyze impacts on the built and natural environments, and on communities.
+ Assess and prioritize risks based on client criteria.
+ Recommend adaptation measures to reduce risks, including technical solutions but also the implementation of policies, regulations, standards, operational procedures, and emergency plans.
+ Develop adaptation plans.
- Provide support in all areas of Stantec's business (environment, urban planning, buildings, transportation, energy and resources, infrastructure, and water).
- Collaborate with other Stantec practitioners from multiple offices across the global organization.
- Contribute to the growth of CC related services.
- Prepare effective technical proposals and take an active role in new business development.
- Initiate and maintain client relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering / environmental science / planning /economics or related discipline.
- Knowledge of CC challenges in Canada.
- Good knowledge of tools and standards related to risk assessment, analysis, and management.
- Knowledge of good practice in adaptation measures and their implementation.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in general, including 2 years in CC-related risks.
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) in French and English.
Your keys to success
- Master’s related to climate change.
- Experience in facilitating meetings with participants of diverse expertise
- Strategic thinking, negotiation, analysis, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel in Canada and abroad.
Do you recognize yourself in these challenges? Apply today or get in touch with Marco Vanderwey on LinkedIn.
Why choose Stantec?
In addition to its promising projects that improve the quality of life of citizens, Stantec also stands out for its benefits and other programs. Above all, we make every effort to help you grow. Don't hesitate to share your goals and desires with your manager - it's the beginning of your professional adventure with Stantec!
- Stimulating projects with interesting technical challenges within a dynamic and welcoming team.
- Ideal location close to public transportation, bike paths, bike rack, shower, playground equipment in some offices.
- Regular full-time position: 37.5 hours/week.
- Telecommuting, hybrid mode, flexibility of schedule and work location.
- Competitive compensation, leave and vacation programs.
- Reimbursement of the OIQ contribution.
- Advantageous mileage reimbursement at $0.61/km.
- Complete and flexible group insurance plan with health/wellness credit.
- Wellness and employee assistance program.
- Pension plans: RRSP and Share Ownership Plan with Stantec contribution.
- Referral bonus for referral of candidates.
- Service Recognition Program (Stantec shares).
- Professional Development Program (mentoring, coaching, training, tuition reimbursement).
Over 300 new employees have joined us in Quebec in the last 12 months because Stantec's winning projects and our promise to act in the collective interest are what consulting engineering professionals want!
Primary Location : Canada-Quebec-Montréal
Other Locations : Canada-Quebec-Ville de Québec, Canada-Quebec-Trois-Rivières
Organization : BC-1670 Environmental Services-CA Quebec
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 23, 2022, 12:28:38 PM
Req ID: 220004DP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans