Intermediate Civil Field Inspector
City : LONDON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Civil Field Inspector - ( 230000HB )
We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it’s an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we’re part of the community too and we care about the places where we live—just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Our London office has an opportunity for a Civil Field Inspector. Working in a multi-disciplined environment, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects with our Community Development Team.
Your Key Responsibilities
Working in conjunction with the Senior Staff leading Stantec’s team, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading all on-site inspection activities to record as-constructed conditions and verify conformance with the contract documents.
- Identifying and documenting site-related construction challenges, and consistently communicating these to the Project Team to resolve in a timely manner.
- Maintaining daily photographic records to document construction activities and regularly archiving for records.
- Quantity surveying, construction progress monitoring, and preparation of daily reports and weekly erosion and sediment control monitoring reports.
- Leading on-site construction progress review meetings, including documenting the discussion and action items.
- Leading construction progress payment reviews, including tracking and reviewing contemplated change orders for out-of-scope work.
- Serving as a main point of contact on site for the Contractor and the Client.
- Reviewing requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications.
- Preparing red-lined as-built drawings.
- Training and/or mentoring less experienced staff in company procedures, standards and software.
Travel within London and surrounding area will be required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of standard engineering and construction principles, municipal design standards and design specifications such as Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications (OPSS) and Ontario Provincial Standards Drawings (OPSD).
- Basic topographical surveying skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- The ability to work with limited supervision.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software, particularly with Excel spread sheets. Ideal candidate will have experience with design software such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Have a valid Ontario Class ‘G’ Driver’s License and reliable vehicle for use on / off project sites.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with the Project Team, Clients, and Contractors in the resolution of construction issues.
Education and Experience
Post-secondary education in an accredited Engineering Technology or Civil Engineering program or the equivalent in education and experience.
Minimum of 2 years of construction inspection experience related with municipal linear infrastructure projects (underground servicing, site grading, road works, and erosion and sediment control protections).
Position will work in both a field and office setting. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Position has possibility of overtime to align with Contractor construction schedules. Must be available to travel for out of town projects when needed.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-London
Organization : BC-1614 Community Development-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 2, 2023, 11:18:37 AM
Req ID: 230000HB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans