Intermediate Civil Engineer
City : PRINCE GEORGE
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Civil Engineer - ( 220002NQ )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec’s Prince George, B.C., Office is actively seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Intermediate Civil Engineer to join our growing team. Stantec employees enjoy a culture of living well, competitive/flexible benefit plans and compensation programs, as well as country-specific group retirement plans.
Prince George, B.C., is the largest city in one of the fastest growing regions, Northern Central B.C., and strategically located to provide Stantec’s services to clients and projects of all shapes and sizes. Where others go on vacation, our team members and their families live, work, and play. Northern Central B.C. offers a high quality of life, limitless outdoor adventure recreation, affordable housing, and access to amenities such as exceptional education, health care, retail, arts, culture, and sports.
Our Prince George, B.C., office was established in 2016 to better serve our Northern and North-Central clients. Our focus is on supporting local government, municipalities, B.C. Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, private and commercial developers, as well as the resource sectors. We want our communities to thrive, and we take pride in exceeding our client expectations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assists with civil engineering duties on projects of various complexity; undertakes project management of smaller civil discipline-specific assignments which may include managing the design and construction of projects.
- Performs more complex engineering design tasks on assigned civil projects, under supervision of Lead Engineer or Project Manager, including preparation of engineering calculations, engineering drawings prepared with AutoCAD Civil 3D, engineering reports, and required applications to regulatory agencies.
- Uses knowledge of relevant civil engineering design for roadways, drainage, grading, water and sewer, and site development projects; and assists with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Involved in the permitting process of projects, which may require meeting with clients, contractors, reviewing agency personnel.
- Conducts field work to obtain pictures, measurements, or relevant site information as directed by the Lead Engineer or Project Manager.
- Performs basic calculations to analyze and design civil system components using various software.
- Assists team in preparing reports, conducts basic calculations, and performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Assists in basic interpretation and verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards and practices; supports construction inspection reviews on various civil projects, and coordinates with the regulatory review to seek final approval.
- Supports business development activities, including proposal responses, and client account planning.
- May take part in mentoring of and technical development of Junior EITs.
- May be responsible for the review and sealing of own projects or the work of the others.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong communication skills, including an aptitude for effective leadership and people management, and the ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients, stakeholders, and reviewing agencies.
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of civil engineering projects, including conventional and alternative delivery methods for public and private clients through all phases of the project life cycle.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills, thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting, and efficient use of resources.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal, and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Strong understanding of relevant design software, which may include AutoCAD, Civil3D, AutoTurn, GIS.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited post-secondary institution in Civil Engineering or related field and Licensed Professional Engineer.
- 5 - 10 years of relevant experience preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Prince George
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1158 Transportation-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 2, 2022, 6:58:52 AM
Req ID: 220002NQ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans