Intermediate Civil Engineer
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
As an Intermediate Civil Engineer you will be:
• Utilizing your skill set to complete civil engineering designs for scopes on industrial projects including:
- Plant site development earthworks
- Stormwater pond design
- Site drainage and stormwater management
- Roadwork layout and design
- Rough grade and finished grade design
- Temporary facilities design
- Underground utilities
• Preparing and self-checking engineering calculations by hand and using computer software.
• Prepare drawing markups for Designer, backcheck and ready for project issue.
• Developing and reviewing project specifications, including design criteria.
• Develop Civil material quantity estimates.
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop/deliver cost effective and constructible designs.
• Checking 2D design drawings and 3D models.
• Participating in procurement, permitting, and subcontracting activities.
• Completing other tasks as assigned.