Intermediate Civil Design Technologist
City : Kamloops, BC
Category : T&I - Land Development & Municipal Engineering
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Civil Engineering Design Technologist – Intermediate to Senior to join our Transportation and Infrastructure team, located at our Kamloops office. Reporting to the Manager, Transportation and Infrastructure this position will be responsible for design on various transportation, municipal infrastructure, and land development assignments.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Process survey, imagery, GIS and other available data to setup projects in Civil 3d
- Preparation of design drawings on transportation, land development and municipal infrastructure projects
- Provide design reviews and mentoring of colleagues
- Participate in project meetings with project leads, engineers, contractors, clients and other stakeholders
- Take projects from initial concepts and sketches into engineering designs, plans, and construction documentation requirements, using primarily Civil 3D, as well as other technical software as needed
- Coordinate the preparation of documents required for regulatory approvals, prepare construction cost estimates and tender documents/contracts
- Assist with developing and maintaining schedules, budgets and quality control standards; and
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- 5+ years’ experience in the design of transportation, municipal infrastructure or land development projects
- Registration as an AScT or other technical accreditation is an asset, but not required
- Require a strong working knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D
- Ability to apply EGBC and Government design guidelines, bylaws and regulations
- Clearly communicate design decisions or assumptions and ability to ask questions
- Have excellent attention to detail, take pride in quality work and provide exceptional service; and,
- Have a positive and professional attitude and work within a fun team environment.