Intermediate CAD Drafter/Designer – Water and Wastewater Group
City : Halifax , NS
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc. We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
WSP E&I Canada (Water and Wastewater group) is seeking an Intermediate (CAD) Drafter/Designer with experience in Civil Water and/or Infrastructure Projects to support a rapidly growing Design team.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience in preparing construction drawings for civil projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
The successful candidate will work in a team environment where experienced senior staff are supported by intermediate and junior technical staff. Intermediate staff are expected to be self-starters with a desire to grow the business and support the development of younger staff. Suitable candidates will enjoy working in a team environment and bring strengths in oral and written communication.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Preparation of report figures and construction drawings as directed by Project Engineers;
- Developing 3D models using AutoCAD and Microstation
- Adhering to company and client CAD Standards and Procedures.
- You will always ensure health and safety policies are followed at all sites and take WSP's Life Saving rules to heart;
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Engineering Design & Drafting Technology diploma from a recognized community college;
- 3+ years of AutoCAD Civil 3D experience;
- Experience with Microstation
- Experience with Civil Water Projects (i.e., ponds, ditches, dams, spillways, concrete structures) or Municipal Infrastructure projects (i.e., roads, buried utilities, site servicing);
- Good organizational, technical, writing, communication and computer skills; and
- Ability to follow directions and communicate effectively in a team environment.