Intermediate Building Design Specialist- Mining
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
The Civil, Structural and Architect group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design, and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client organizations, others disciplines, vendors, and contractors in our taskforce is essential.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Architectural Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects and evaluates, selects, and applies standard architectural techniques to a medium set of moderately difficult assignments.
• Apply cost competitive execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for the discipline engineering work
• Review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects
• Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
• Review specifications, including design criteria
• Incorporate health, safety, and environmental factors in design
• Other duties as assigned