Intermediate BIM Specialist
City : Thornhill, ON
Category : T&I - Water & Wastewater
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
At WSP, our team is growing, and as a result we're adding a BIM Specialist to our group. As part of the Water Wastewater team in Ontario, you'll be responsible for driving forward our ambitious plans to enhance our BIM services offered in the province through your work with a close-knit team of engineering specialists, professionals, and technical staff.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Work under the direction of the BIM Lead, Design lead and Project Managers to develop construction document packages in Revit & CAD
- Production and development of Process Mechanical, Building Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation and other engineering design BIM models and coordination
- Perform clash detection in BIM360, Autodesk Navisworks or other similar software
- Use the Revit family editor to build BIM content as necessary
- Working in a Common Data Environment
- Prepare any required detail drawings, sections and standard details associated with engineering design disciplines for BIM models
- Interpret design sketches and details provided by engineers and use them to update models
- Follow Client and WSP BIM/CAD standards and guidelines, including model checker setup
- Support with proposal concepts, graphics and presentation of Revit models
- Align with WSP’s digital delivery and digital excellence
- Coordinate work with other disciplines, use shared project co-ordinates, grids, levels etc.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in:
- Experience in 3D piping design and multi-discipline coordination, managing models, and facilitating data exchange
- BIM software support role in the AEC field including production and coordination
- Autodesk BIM360 & Revit software
- Designing vertical infrastructure such as water/wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, piping, P&IDs etc.
- Other recommended skills as a plus:
- Knowledge of Civil 3D and MicroStation design software is a plus
- Parametric Design capability's (dynamo or grasshopper)
- Strong communication skills for the team-based working environment and for teaching others about best practices in BIM
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for fast-paced projects
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges