Intermediate Architectural Technologist/Contract Administrator
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Architectural Technologist/Contract Administrator - ( 220004DX )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead? Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel
As an Architectural Technologist/Contract Administrator, you will work as part of an integrated and multidiscipline team that is delivering complex projects in Toronto. You are responsible for coordinating and administering the contract award and subsequent contract administration activities relating to complex and high-value contracts.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Interpreting contracts and ensuring compliance with contract terms 4
- Monitoring and verifying contract progress
- Liaising with clients, project managers, sub consultants, and Architects to move construction deliverables forward.
- Preparing and processing
- Shop drawing submittals
- Requests for information
- Change directives/ Contemplated change notices / Change orders
- Contract amendments
- Progress payment certificates
- Evaluating contractors' submissions for changes and claims
- Processing contract close-outs documents
- Preparing various reports and other correspondence relating to areas of responsibility Qualifications
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A strong knowledge of procurement and contracting principles, methods, procedures, and practices including contract administration relating to changes, claims and delays
- A basic knowledge of relevant engineering, pertinent legislation, standards, and scheduling practices/methods
- Sound judgment, strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, and decision-making skills required to effectively handle changing priorities and project deadlines
- Ability to co-ordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- A good working knowledge of personal computers, mobile devices and applications relevant to the work (Newforma Project Centre, word processing, spreadsheets)
Education and Experience
Graduate of an Architectural Technology program or minimum 3-5 years of architectural contract administration experience.3-5 years’ experience managing the delivery of architectural projects preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organization : BC-1400 Buildings-CA Ontario GTA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 28, 2022, 8:45:04 AM
Req ID: 220004DX
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans